Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Machines - SO EXCITED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-machines-so-excited-t65245.html)

davis2se 09-17-2010 01:46 PM

So, for the past 4 years or so I have been saving money in what I have laughingly, but also semi-seriously, called my "face-lift account". A couple of months ago I actually went to a face lift seminar and found out that to have my droopy eyes and my droopy chin done I was going to need to save for another 4-5 years. I'm absolutely going to retire in March or April of next year, so....i decided the hubs and I would just have to live with droops, and I went out and bought myself a brand new Janome memory Craft 1100 Special Edition sewing maching AND a Baby Lock Evolution Serger - using most of my face lift fund to pay for them!!! WAHOOOO. The sales lady included a free 6 piece foot set for the serger as well as a Baby Lock serger tote, and a huge clothsetter, custom fit table thing for the Janome. I picked it all up today!! I am so excited. Included with both machines is 10 YEARS of unlimited service and cleaning. The bummer is that I have to work tomorrow until about 1:00, and then have to go with my husband to get him a new cell phone (he, the lucky dog, is retiring Sept 30). But on Sunday - it is just me and the new machines!! Actually, I'm only to start on the Janome. I've never used a Serger before, so am going to wait until I have the lessons (as many as I need/want included in the price). Just had to tell folks - I AM SO EXCITED.

Kathy N 09-17-2010 01:48 PM

I have the same Janome and you are going to LOVE it!!!! You made a great decision.

All Thumbs 09-17-2010 01:49 PM

You have full rights on being excited beyond a reasonable length. Congratulations.

GrammaNan 09-17-2010 01:51 PM

I would have made the same decision. Enjoy!

bearisgray 09-17-2010 01:52 PM

:thumbup: :lol: :thumbup:

You will have so much fun with those machines. Sounds like you got a terrific deal, too.

grann of 6 09-17-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by davis2se
So, for the past 4 years or so I have been saving money in what I have laughingly, but also semi-seriously, called my "face-lift account". A couple of months ago I actually went to a face lift seminar and found out that to have my droopy eyes and my droopy chin done I was going to need to save for another 4-5 years. I'm absolutely going to retire in March or April of next year, so....i decided the hubs and I would just have to live with droops, and I went out and bought myself a brand new Janome memory Craft 1100 Special Edition sewing maching AND a Baby Lock Evolution Serger - using most of my face lift fund to pay for them!!! WAHOOOO. The sales lady included a free 6 piece foot set for the serger as well as a Baby Lock serger tote, and a huge clothsetter, custom fit table thing for the Janome. I picked it all up today!! I am so excited. Included with both machines is 10 YEARS of unlimited service and cleaning. The bummer is that I have to work tomorrow until about 1:00, and then have to go with my husband to get him a new cell phone (he, the lucky dog, is retiring Sept 30). But on Sunday - it is just me and the new machines!! Actually, I'm only to start on the Janome. I've never used a Serger before, so am going to wait until I have the lessons (as many as I need/want included in the price). Just had to tell folks - I AM SO EXCITED.

Congratulations! You will only know you still have bags under your eyes if you have a mirror behind your new sewing machine. I would have made the same decision. I wear my baggy eyes as a symbol of my life well lived.

littlehud 09-17-2010 02:00 PM

Yipee.....congrats to you. Have fun with your new machines.

akrogirl 09-17-2010 02:01 PM

If it's the same face lift procedure I am thinking about, there are numerous bad reports about it on the Internet. I think you did far better going with your sewing machine and serger :thumbup: Have fun!

Qbee 09-17-2010 02:05 PM

I think you made a GREAT choice! Just think...you will love your machines for years and years....the "lifts" are a temporary hide if you think about it. Plus, every smile line is from a great moment, every worry line is from concern for those you have been lucky enough to love and the eyes....I call those the eyes of wisdom. So enjoy!!

drgranny 09-17-2010 02:19 PM

you will love those machines! I had eyelid surgery 12 yrs ago and now one eyelid droops worse than it did. I was not happy with my surgery so I wouldn't even think of doing any more to my face!If I had it to do over....NOPE! Bye the way, I am a new member from Texas