Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   new - to me - HQ16 and PcQuilter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-me-hq16-pcquilter-t93633.html)

dmyers 01-25-2011 10:28 AM

Congrats!!! I'm excited for you!

AnnieH 01-25-2011 10:32 AM

Well done. Have loads of quilting fun.

quilter41 01-25-2011 10:45 AM

Lucky you. I am envious. I bought a PC Quilter and a Baby Lock Quilters Pro for $1000 two years ago. DH said he would clean the garage so I could set it up. Well he still hasn't accomplished it and I am to stubborn to do it for him so I am putting it all up For Sale. I will also add I pay for quilting with his money. You'd think he would wise up.

cathyvv 01-25-2011 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by quilter41
Lucky you. I am envious. I bought a PC Quilter and a Baby Lock Quilters Pro for $1000 two years ago. DH said he would clean the garage so I could set it up. Well he still hasn't accomplished it and I am to stubborn to do it for him so I am putting it all up For Sale. I will also add I pay for quilting with his money. You'd think he would wise up.

I know exactly what you mean. My DH 'refused' to clean out some of his overwhelming amount of stuff in our home. There was literally no room for me or anything of mine. If there was 1/4" of space, he would find a way to fill it! I asked nicely, I asked not so nicely, I wheedled, I demanded, I used every approach I could think of to get him to clean it out. He had the best of intentions, but we all know what the road to hell is paved with, right? Nothing worked. His hobbies and collections seemed more important to him than making a little room in the house for me. That hurt.

One approach that worked occasionally was for me to set a deadline for cleaning an area out, warn him that if it wasn't done by then, I would clean it out and I wouldn't be gentle with his treasures. Then I did it. Once I started, he joined in, even if it was only to save his 'stuff' from being tossed into the garbage. Then, of course, it was just a matter of time until he filled it up again...

We went through a very tough period before he finally 'got' what I was trying to say to him - that his stuff was overwhelming me, making me feel unwelcome in my own home, and making me claustrophobic. I took some pretty drastic action to get him to understand, but in the end we worked it out, and we're both happy with the results.

Now if it gets out of control, I think I will just tell him that I am going to call a 'clean out' company to deal with his 'stuff', make some calls, get some estimates, and then let him choose which one to use or to clean it out himself. I guarantee that he will choose to do the clean up himself!

cathyvv 01-25-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
YOu are a very lucky lady. Have fun adn quilt your yourself some wonderful quilts.

Yes, I am a lucky lady. God has blessed me in so many ways!