Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Pellon Batting at Joanns (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-pellon-batting-joanns-t153887.html)

DebsShelties 09-18-2011 08:50 AM

Went to Joanns today, the packaged batting is on sale 40% off. I picked up 2 queen size of the new Pellon to try it out (40% off of $30 rounded up was $18 for a queen size). It looks like the Warm and Natural, only it's almost 100% cotton not a cotton/poly blend like the Warm and Natural.
Had the flyer that had tons of coupons, every item I got today had the 40% off, thread, a book, the batting.

ghostrider 09-18-2011 08:59 AM

What do you mean when you say "almost 100% cotton"? Pellon's Legacy battings come in the following blends:
80/20 Blend (80% cotton, 20% wool)
Bamboo Blend (50% bamboo, 50% cotton)
Natural Cotton
Natural Cotton with scrim (this is the same as W&N)
Polyester
Soy Blend (50% soy, 50% cotton)
White Cotton
Wool

Warm & Natural isn't really a blend of cotton and poly, it's only the scrim that is poly, not the batting itself.

DebsShelties 09-18-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
What do you mean when you say "almost 100% cotton"? Pellon's Legacy battings come in the following blends:
80/20 Blend (80% cotton, 20% wool)
Bamboo Blend (50% bamboo, 50% cotton)
Natural Cotton
Natural Cotton with scrim (this is the same as W&N)
Polyester
Soy Blend (50% soy, 50% cotton)
White Cotton
Wool

Warm & Natural isn't really a blend of cotton and poly, it's only the scrim that is poly, not the batting itself.

On the back label it says:
All New Material - 100% cotton (scrim binder of 100% polypropylene) less than 1%

at the bottom it says: This product contains a minimum of 15% cotton.

Color is cream - off white, no ticking like the Warm and Natural has, also it's $5 cheaper - at least for the queen size.

jaciqltznok 09-18-2011 09:19 AM

I bought the legacy batting a year ago when they first brought it out...was not happy with it at all...goes limp after the first washing and seems skimpy..might be good for baby quilts or charity work, but not for my better stuff!

DebsShelties 09-18-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I bought the legacy batting a year ago when they first brought it out...was not happy with it at all...goes limp after the first washing and seems skimpy..might be good for baby quilts or charity work, but not for my better stuff!

This is the first I have seen of this type of batting at Joanns where I live. I just want to try it out and see how I like it.

mandyk 09-18-2011 09:32 AM

Just used it for a quilt. Held the pattern beautifully. Now I wonder how it's going to hold up. It's for guild's quilt bingo and I hesitate to give an inferior product. Thought Pellon had a good name?

LLWinston44 09-18-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mandyk
Just used it for a quilt. Held the pattern beautifully. Now I wonder how it's going to hold up. It's for guild's quilt bingo and I hesitate to give an inferior product. Thought Pellon had a good name?

I think it's all relative what people think about what they use. I think you'll be fine!!