Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New quilting friend FOUND (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-quilting-friend-found-t161318.html)

Sienna's GiGi 10-18-2011 07:35 AM

I am so excited. I went out to eat near hubby's job and saw the German word for "sewing stuff" store (stoffe) and decided to go in and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a fabric discount store! I brought some muslin because I honestly don't need anything else but I struck up a conversation with an American lady and she is new to quilting. As a matter of fact she went to her first meeting two days ago. She was buying stuff for a costume for her oh so cute three year old and I was just looking for a reason to spend some euro. Anywho...we exchanged numbers and she even had a contact to help us find a house in the area. There are several women that quilt together in their houses and I am going to a meeting as soon as she calls me back. I am so happy! It has been a good day.

GagaSmith 10-18-2011 07:38 AM

I'm so happy for you. Always nice to find new friends expecially when you are so far away from "home".

np3 10-18-2011 07:39 AM

What fun! Glad you found her.

Grace MooreLinker 10-18-2011 07:41 AM

quilting friends are a Thread to happiness

CarrieC 10-18-2011 07:43 AM

:) I am a military wife and I found that when we were stationed abroad my quilting gave me an excellent way to meet others who were far from home too!

Glad you found someone and I hope you enjoy your stay in Germany!

katz_n_kwiltz 10-18-2011 07:44 AM

ah yes, our quilting friends keep us in stitches!
way ta go! good for you
katz

luv-e 10-18-2011 07:46 AM

Tickled Pink and "sew" happy for you :!:
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Carol J. 10-18-2011 07:46 AM

The joy in finding a new friend is tops on my list, enjoy and share your interest in quilting. I have made several new friends from the quilting board. One I met in Madison at the quilt expo, another one in California and I exchange emails every day and now I have a new one in Australia. We all share our love of quilting and know the frienships you make there are for a lifetime.

Carol J.

Kitsie 10-18-2011 07:54 AM

That's a really great thing for both of you! And to meet others with the same interest will be special!

icon17 10-18-2011 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Sienna's GiGi
I am so excited. I went out to eat near hubby's job and saw the German word for "sewing stuff" store (stoffe) and decided to go in and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a fabric discount store! I brought some muslin because I honestly don't need anything else but I struck up a conversation with an American lady and she is new to quilting. As a matter of fact she went to her first meeting two days ago. She was buying stuff for a costume for her oh so cute three year old and I was just looking for a reason to spend some euro. Anywho...we exchanged numbers and she even had a contact to help us find a house in the area. There are several women that quilt together in their houses and I am going to a meeting as soon as she calls me back. I am so happy! It has been a good day.

Wonderful 4 you!!! glad you will have friends to sew with.