Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   new to quilting...new to this board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-quilting-new-board-t22374.html)

jeanau 07-04-2009 06:05 PM

I am so glad that I found this site. :D
I just finished my very first quilt. It is just a simple square patch design. Overall, I am pleased with the final product. I am a little disappointed with my binding. I'm going to keep this first quilt in my car. It will be there if anyone is cold, or we want to stop for a picnic along the way. I am so happy that I found this site while I was planning this first quilt. I don't have any friends or family members who quilt, so it was nice to find a place with answers and encouragement. I have enjoyed reading through the messages on the board for a few months, and decided that it was time to be brave and post a message of my own. Thanks for all of your great advice and wonderful ideas! I'm going to plan another simple patchwork quilt with richer colors and better fabrics.

Again, thanks.....I'm glad to be here.

quiltinggrandmaca 07-04-2009 06:52 PM

Welcome to the boards. I am relatively new here as well, and the people here are very good at answering questions and are very friendly. Again, welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.

jbsstrawberry 07-04-2009 06:53 PM

Welcome jeanau from Central Illinois!!! Can't wait to see some pics from you soon!! This is a great place to ask any questions and learn about all things quilting!!

molly4503 07-04-2009 06:56 PM

Welcome! I am a newbie too and this board is terrific - the people are great, very helpful and friendly! You should post a pic of your project. A great idea I got from someone on this board was to keep a quilt journal - like a scrapbook of your finished products with a pic,a sample of each fabric. I was glad to get that tip right in the beginning so I would have it from the start.

So again, welcome and looking forward getting to know you!

amma 07-04-2009 07:02 PM

Hi and Welcome!!! Are you going to post a picture of your quilt??? We would all love to see it:D :D :D

jeanau 07-04-2009 07:05 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will try to figure out how to post a photo of my quilt so that I can share it with you. :-)

earthwalker 07-04-2009 07:20 PM

Welcome. I am pretty new here too and find this a wonderful place to drop by, look at everyone's beautiful creations, get a daily dose of inspiration and good advice.

This is a great little "escape" from the daily household routine and dramas!

sharon b 07-04-2009 07:23 PM

Hi and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Can't wait to see the quilt you made :lol:
Sharon

jeanau 07-04-2009 07:26 PM

I agree earthwalker. This site is iinspiring.....in more ways than one. It is obviously inspirational when it comes to quilting. But, it is also very inspiring about life in general. Going through the good and bad times of life are always better when you don't have to do it all alone. I love the spirit of kinship on this board!

Lacelady 07-05-2009 02:42 AM

Well done for being brave and getting around to telling us about your quilt. Welcome from Ireland, I hope you will enjoy this board even more now that you have made the first step. Second step is to send us a picture!