Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   new tips page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-tips-page-t153432.html)

linhawk 09-16-2011 11:34 AM

I cannot figure out how to add a tip. There is no create new topic.

I have a hard time sewing the diagonal seam for joining the binding strips. For some reason sometimes the edges just don't match.
I iron a fold on the diagonal but sometimes it's just "off ".

This time after I ironed the diagonal line I put the zipper foot on and I can see the ironed fold. The edges matched perfectly.
I hope this works for others.

sguillot 09-16-2011 11:37 AM

It is at the very top of this page. I just posted my very first new topic. I hope I get some replies.

Originally Posted by linhawk

I have a hard time sewing the diagonal seam for joining the binding strips. For some reason sometimes the edges just don't match.

This time after I ironed the diagonal line I put the zipper foot on and I can see the ironed fold. The edges matched perfectly.

linhawk 09-16-2011 11:44 AM

OK so you just reply?

sguillot 09-16-2011 11:47 AM

No, arrow up to the top of the page as far as you can to. It's the very first topic on the last line under Quilting Board. The first one says Home, the next one is My profile then on the last line to the left it says Create New Topic. Click on that and a box will appear like the one when you reply to the previous topic. It may also be at the bottom of the page to but I found it at the top.

jljack 09-16-2011 12:20 PM

Apparently you cannot add a TIP. You have to send it to the person who owns that page and she will add it. Or something like that?

Sadiemae 09-16-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jljack

Apparently you cannot add a TIP. You have to send it to the person who owns that page and she will add it. Or something like that?

I think this is accurate, that way it is just tips and not a lot of conversation.

sguillot 09-16-2011 12:40 PM

That's a great tip much easier especially if you have aging eyes like many of us do. Thanks