Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New virtual section for art quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-virtual-section-art-quilts-t59239.html)

salmonsweet 08-13-2010 11:59 AM

Would there be any interest in that?

Now I'd love to also have easier access to all the gorgeous landscapes, portraits, and other abstract and pictorial creative works that are posted here from time to time. Pictures especially, but also discussions and tutorials on related techniques... A lot of them can't be found with the Search function because the thread title doesn't contain relevant search terms.

I much appreciate the existing sections, the kaleidoscopes and bargellos in particular taught me a massive amount. I'd just love to be able to dive into our treasure trove of art quilts in the same concentrated way.

What do you all think?

buslady 08-13-2010 12:38 PM

I am thinking that I would like to make one, but don't know where to start, this would be a great venue! Keep me posted if you do it.

craftybear 08-13-2010 01:06 PM

I think that would be a great idea

Laura3 08-13-2010 01:33 PM

As soon as I learn how to post pictures without the help of my daughters, I would love to participate. I have made a couple of them. It will be fun to look at everyones projects!

greencat 08-13-2010 02:23 PM

I like that idea!

HobbySue 08-13-2010 03:28 PM

Personally, I think all quilts are works of 'ART'. Just who would be judging which ones are 'are' and which ones are not. If you like a quilt on here, why not just save the topic in your own file.

amma 08-14-2010 10:03 PM

I would love to see this section too :D:D:D

salmonsweet 08-16-2010 09:55 AM

Ok great to see interest! :D Let's see how we can get the ball rolling.

I've never done this before, so I went and checked forum rules. Virtual sections are set up by Admin or moderators on request. The request needs a title and description, so people know what threads to add and/or expect, and we need to know whether we want to make it author managed or manager managed.

Manager-managed means if you want your threads added, PM the section manager. Author managed means you are free to add or remove your own threads as you desire.

My feeling would be to make this section author managed - thoughts?

Below is my first thought on section title and description, please let me know any suggestions to improve clarity and/or usefulness! And please know I'm purely intending to start us off, so if your thoughts run a along a different track please do feel welcome to post, too. :)

"Art Quilts"
Topics showing pictures of, or discussing techniques related to, pieces of fabric art commonly referred to as "art quilts" - e.g. portrait quilts, animal or landscape quilts, contemporary abstract designs.

katsewnsew 08-16-2010 09:57 AM

I am all for this!!!! Your title and description covers everything!

janice4 03-14-2011 08:38 AM

very intereted