Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New word in my vocabulary (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-word-my-vocabulary-t153417.html)

Rann 09-17-2011 10:28 AM

Is it spelled fankle or fangle?

bearisgray 09-17-2011 10:37 AM

Her answer is on page 2

Love the word - I will definitely be using it!

Toni-in-Texas 09-17-2011 11:41 AM

fankle [ˈfæŋk ə l] Scot dialect. vb (tr) to entangle. n. a tangle; confusion [from fank a coil of rope, from fang, obsolete variant of vang] Used only in the west of Scotland. Be cool. Dinnae get yeself in a fankle.

Rosie the "Ripper" 09-17-2011 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingrandmafromMi
You gave us the word"fangle" and then turned around and gave us the answer to"fankle" which is it?

Sorry, it is fankle.

Quiltaddict 09-17-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess

Originally Posted by Tartan
A tangle with fangs? I've always used it as new fangled or fancy invention. I learned 2 new quilting words this week too...quilt poop and thread turds. Can't wait to throw those into a conversation! :lol:

There's also thread vomit. Aren't we charming!

I've always called it bobbin barf. Another charming expression.

maryellen2u 09-17-2011 03:30 PM

A tangle with fangs? I've always used it as new fangled or fancy invention. I learned 2 new quilting words this week too...quilt poop and thread turds. Can't wait to throw those into a conversation! :lol:

Okay, now I have to ask: What is quilt poop? I think I know what thread turds are but maybe you need to tell me so I am sure we are talking the same thing.

craftymatt2 09-17-2011 04:05 PM

:lol: too cute

mpeters1200 09-17-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltaddict

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess

There's also thread vomit. Aren't we charming!

I've always called it bobbin barf. Another charming expression.

So we have quilt poop, thread turds, thread vomit and bobbin barf. While they all sound absolutely splendid, would love a definition of all of them. They are certainly new to me!

lorraine43 09-17-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by paulswalia
how about "how can I fangle this queen quilt under my throat space?"

I think it's fenagel but I don't know if that's spelled right. The computer is telling me no!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

LyndaOH 09-17-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by lorraine43

Originally Posted by paulswalia
how about "how can I fangle this queen quilt under my throat space?"

I think it's fenagel but I don't know if that's spelled right. The computer is telling me no!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)

It's finagle.