Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   NEW Year means NEW Quilts! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-year-means-new-quilts-t82651.html)

morelcabin 12-13-2010 07:11 PM

I wnat to do one of a dog sled team...and I have a picture of my grandaughter crawling on the beach that I am hoping to tackle.
I am sticking to picture quilting...piecing is definitely not for me...I have a bargello lap quilt sitting on my sewing table right now getting quilted...it doesn't lie flat, is going to have some wrinkles, and doesn't look like a bargello either...no more piecing for me:>

SandyinZ4 12-13-2010 07:12 PM

My resolution...Hmmm. I have 6 quilts in progress...some more than others. I would really like to finish at least two of them in 2011 plus start one for GD who is a freshman now. Figure if I start it now, I may have it finished in 3 more years. It is my own pattern/idea so is a challenge. If I can keep watch of this post by year's end '11, I will let you know how I did. :-)

Sadiemae 12-13-2010 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sloan Quinn
I will finish my triple irish chain queen/king size quilt. (This might be a pipe dream.)

My mom started one for me before she passed, I want to finish it along with other UFO's.

suezquilts 12-13-2010 07:17 PM

What patterns have you been wanting to try, and are willing to make a resolution that you WILL do in the year 2011?

Ok, it is funny you ask, the bargello is one I really want to do. I did the ocean wave this year. Met my goal.
Now Bargello, Purse Pattern from Buggy barn, for my one granddaughter.
and on and on...

Colorful Quilter 12-13-2010 07:18 PM

I have soo many quilt tops stashed away..2011 I want to step up and start quilting and finishing them

kbs 12-13-2010 07:23 PM

I just got the fabric to do a French Braid. Have had the pattern for a long time but not the nerve. Will jump in after Holidays.

Cyn 12-13-2010 08:22 PM

I'd like to finish all my ufo's!

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 12-13-2010 09:05 PM

In 2011 I want to get an embroidery machine. I also have quite a few projects already started that I want to finish. Would love to try a bargello, a log cabin and any new techniques I can learn would be fun. I am game to try most anything.......just don't care for the hand work stuff. lol

janedee 12-13-2010 09:35 PM

Once I have finished my sisters quilt which is all applique and will be hand quilted (still have 6 blocks to go!!) I am definitely, definitely going to do a Mariners Compass even if its just one block to use as a wall hanging!!! Of course I still have my Dresden Plate (just started) and Farmers Wife and ........ to complete!!!!

Sloan Quinn 12-14-2010 12:37 AM

Oooo....good luck with the Mariner's Compass...those are really cool when they turn out like they should. I'm not that brave just now, lol. It's almost like an inside-out dresden plate. How exciting!