Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New Year In The Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-year-sewing-room-t259192.html)

Cass62 01-04-2015 04:00 PM

New Year In The Sewing Room

I spent awhile today clearing off my cutting and sewing areas...even found things lying around from 3 projects ago. I changed my rotary cutting blade, my cutting mat has been cleaned with a damp cloth and turned over, fabrics organized and put away, and some scraps put aside for my friend who is working on a scrappy project. It's all looking very civilized in there...must go now and make a mess! ;)

maryb119 01-04-2015 04:07 PM

Hahaha! I did the same thing in mid December. It took me 2 days but I cleaned and organized everything. Now I can find anything I want.........until the next few projects come along. I can't be neat AND creative at the same time....

Jackie Spencer 01-04-2015 05:00 PM

LOL!! You made me laugh right out loud!

Jan in VA 01-04-2015 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer (Post 7034058)
LOL!! You made me laugh right out loud!

Me too, because it's SO ME!!!

Jan in VA

sandy l 01-05-2015 04:42 AM

Good to know that we're all in this together:)

tropit 01-05-2015 05:00 AM

You've got me inspired. I really need to do that. I had a project spread out on my sewing that I was working on over the holidays. My husband then decided to work on house and left sawdust, nails, and other debris all over my beautiful project. I've been too dismayed to get in there and clean it up and reorganize. I'd better do it...it will only get worse if I don't.
~ C.

Diannia 01-05-2015 11:22 AM

I did that before Christmas because we set up a table in there to eat...lol. I'm in the process of messing it up right now, although I don't like it messy so will try my best to not go there. I bought about 13 scrapbook clear boxes to store my UFO's in and put in temporary labels so I know what's in each at a glance. My plan is to complete at least 1 of them a month between now and Dec in addition to any new projects I may decide on. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!

Quiltngolfer 01-05-2015 12:59 PM

I cleaned my sewing room on New Year's Day. I have really been enjoying it. I think I have sewn something every day since then. I have been getting a lot done on an old BOM. I'm keeping it pretty neat while working on this project. I have two quilts ready to go to the quilter next week. They will count as finishes for this year. I just had to finish piecing the backing for them.

Bearpawquilter 01-05-2015 01:07 PM

[It sounds like your DH needs some training. Just sayin'.

QUOTE=tropit;7034526]You've got me inspired. I really need to do that. I had a project spread out on my sewing that I was working on over the holidays. My husband then decided to work on house and left sawdust, nails, and other debris all over my beautiful project. I've been too dismayed to get in there and clean it up and reorganize. I'd better do it...it will only get worse if I don't.
~ C.[/QUOTE]

tessagin 01-05-2015 01:34 PM

Mine looked good for about an hour yesterday. Was all nice and straightened up yesterday morning then DH left for office for short time. When he got home he figured I'd be in there and said" Did a 'norther' come through while I was gone. Cause it sure as **** looks like it?"