Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Newbee Needs Help!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/newbee-needs-help-t57250.html)

dltaylor 08-01-2010 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I purchased this fabric not knowing that it has been discontinued. So I am stuck with just one yard!! I really love the fabric, but need some ideas on how to in corporate it into a quilt. Any ideas?? My daughter is telling me not to cut it and just use it as a panel, but I have no idea what to do with it?? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. The fabric was purchased for my daughter-in law in appreciation for giving me my first grandchild!! Or....if anyone has any of the fabric they are willing to sell I would be interested.

What should I do??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89261[/ATTACH]

dkabasketlady 08-01-2010 05:57 AM

I'd also leave it as a panel and add a couple of borders on it! It's BEAUTIFUL fabric! Sorry I don't have any, but you might luck out with someone on this board having it in their stash!

SuziC 08-01-2010 05:59 AM

If you don't want to cut it up, you can make a wall hanging. Or cut it it into large squares and add solid colors for a lap size quilt.
It's really a beautiful print!

lawsonmugs 08-01-2010 06:02 AM

I think that would make a beautiful wall hanging. just put a pretty border on it and quilt it.I do painting and I'm going to keep a picture of this fabric so I can paint it. it's just beautiful and would be a shame to cut it up.let us know what you decide Mary

lfw045 08-01-2010 06:02 AM

I would add borders to it. Take the panel with you to the fabric store and match up some nice fabric that will make the panel stand out or "pop" as we call it. You'll love it and if you don't you can always PM me for my addy and send it to me.......it is so lovely! Actually, I would match it up with some batiks or blenders......maybe a narrow flange, then a narrow border to frame it, then a wider border, then another border to finish it off that has a nice basket block as corner stones.........just a thought.

Justok 08-01-2010 06:17 AM

Maybe you could fussy cut the flower and put it in a center square block, or cut the flower out and use fusible web and make a flower arrangement using other flower fabric in a vase or basket.

stefanib123 08-01-2010 06:33 AM

I have found with the right amount of searching, you can find ALMOST any discontinued fabric online somewhere.

If you have the name/brand, anything, I'd be happy to do a search for you. It's what I do for a living, so I've got pretty good at it, LOL!

donnajean 08-01-2010 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would use it in a pattern that has blocks with a larger center. The quilt pictured on the cover of this book comes to mind.

P.S. This book is among the ones I have up for sale as I'm trying to downsize my stash of quilt books.

Speed Quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]89363[/ATTACH]

Maggiesmom 08-01-2010 08:02 AM

I would just use it as a center and pput some borders on it. I seem to do more of that now because the fabrics are so interesting.

CarrieAnne 08-01-2010 08:35 AM

I really like it! I would add borders too!