Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Newbie With A Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/newbie-brother-pe-770-embroidery-machine-t172665.html)

quiltsillysandi 12-20-2011 01:10 PM

Newbie With A Brother PE 770 Embroidery Machine

4 Attachment(s)
I have been wanting an embroidery machine forever and decided to give this one a try....My purchase came from HSN as I can return it if I am not satisfied.......At first, I had a few issues, more my fault than the machine's....The machine is really user-friendly and does a pretty good job stitching out the designs......I will say that it's a bit temperamental and if everything is not right she will let you know quickly......:) I'm posting four pics that "we've" stitched out, 3 are just regular designs, but the seahorse is embroidery applique, which I love!...I still want to try the lace embroidery, make some ornaments, ect., before I will know if I am totally satisfied...I'd love to hear from other PE770 owners regarding your experience with this machine.....Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated as I am a total novice with machine embroidery....

First time posting pics, hopefully they will come through....

quiltsillysandi 12-20-2011 01:13 PM

Sorry, not a newbie to the board or to posting pics.....newbie to embroidery....and first time posting pics on the new board I meant to say....

Quilty-Louise 12-20-2011 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I do NOT have the same embroidery machine as you do,
but I DO have a Brother sewing/embroidery machine the NV1000.

I LOVE my machine, and LOVE making free standing lace, although
there are a few tricks to doing the lace to make it much easier and
less of a "hassle" to do.

For ME I use Floriani wet n gone stabilizer 2 layers and set my machine
to the SLOWEST speed (which is 350spm) and the most important
thing I learned is to use a TOP STITCH needle.

I have been making some other designs lately (see picture below).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]296712[/ATTACH]

quiltsillysandi 12-20-2011 03:42 PM

Use a top stitch needle for the lace or for everything? Size 11....Thanks for the tip on the lace speed....Your design is gorgeous.....

Quilty-Louise 12-20-2011 03:53 PM

Use the top stitch needle for the lace and mylar embroidery.
Regular machine embroidery needles for anything NOT lace.

sharon b 12-20-2011 04:20 PM

You both have great designs- someday I want to get that machine I have a Brother SE270D only a 4x4 design area :( Keep posting the projects love to see them all :)

Nanamoms 12-20-2011 04:31 PM

Love all the designs! I have the Brother SE270D and also the PE700II. Love both of them. At first embroidery is a mix of finding the right fabric and stabilizer combination. Most of the time any problems are connected with this combination. Also thread/needle combination. Since the machines stitch at high speed, the friction of thread thru needle can cause it to fray or break. I use the Large Eye Needles and this basically eliminates the problems. Also use a Metallic Needle when stitching with the metallic thread. Brand of thread matters too. Test out what your machine likes! It seems the Brothers (or at least mine) likes the poly, hates the rayon!! It also doesn't like Coats & Clarks either. I use Mettler, Metro and Arc (Poly X) because of the cost. I don't use Sulky because it is rayon. There are some great tips on embroidery library.com (embrlibrary.com, I think) that helps a lot with the whole thread, fabric, needle, stabilizer combinations!! GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!

bluteddi 12-20-2011 04:53 PM

I have the Brother SE-350..... sewing machine/emb combo.... I love it..
my few " complaints" are:
1. I am limited to a 4x4 hoop
2. Poor imagine detail on the machine screen

With ur machine being a higher end machine ( and newer-- mine is over 5 yrs old) I doubt u will have these issues..

Mine works fine with the rayon IF it is not a dense design... If it's a dense design polyester is a must. I try to stick with polyester when I can ( more for convience and to keep cost down in not having duplicates)

** interesting to note about the lace needle... FSL is on my list to try... someday, I'll find time
Thanks for the tip~!

buttons 12-20-2011 05:01 PM

When you start to do free standing lace. you will get hooked on it. I had a brother 150 and I upgraded about 4yrs ago for a 2300D ULT and about a month later had a chance to get a 2100 ULT so now I have two. It is a good thing because last week my 2100 needed to go to Dr. so I got my 2300 out. these machines uses floppy disks and also card/. I haven't done to much appilque yet but I have done some Embrodiery Lilbrary has some good tips and designs. You will enjoy your machine
Have a Merry Christmas

Nanamoms 12-20-2011 05:02 PM

quiltsillysandi, I tried to send you a PM but you will need to delete some of yours before it will go thru...new board rule....I wanted to know where you found the stocking with the sewing items design...LOVE it. You can PM me if you want once your PMs are cleared. Thanks!