Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Nice feeling (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nice-feeling-t86219.html)

newbiequilter 12-31-2010 07:15 PM

Thank you for the affirmations. It was quite nice to have this comment from him (he is a very quiet guy).

rahaube 12-31-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lindsey
My grandson (21) told me today he sleeps under his quilt everynight and loves it. He wants me to make him another one but a little longer. doesn't It give you a warm feeling someone likes your quilts you have given them?

Yes it does. My grandsons almost 16 and 18 both have quilts I mad for them 3 or 4 years ago and they both sleep with them every night. The younger one has appliqued sail boats on it and the older on has a Dale Earnheart quilt with black sashing with red cornerstones and checkered flag border. I am very happy that they enjoy their quilt. Another grandson who is just turned 14 has a quilt with turtles and fish. He has an aquarium in his room. For the youngest I made a tumbling block quilt when he was born but for his 5th birthday I made him an appliqued "Hungry little Caterpillar" snuggle quilt and gave him the book as well. My daughter said he loves to snuggle up with a book so it was perfect for him.

Damsel in DisDress 12-31-2010 09:32 PM

That's is music to ones ears!

G'ma Kay 01-01-2011 06:01 AM

He was raised right.

Anne T 01-01-2011 06:08 AM

Wonderful feeling being appreciated.:)

mpeters1200 01-01-2011 09:07 AM

My sons all received quilts from their grandmother and her quilt group when they were little. I'm glad I didn't make them then. To start with, I didn't get the quilting bug until my second son was born. Also, my wonderful MIL passed away suddenly when they were 3,5 and 6. They all still have her quilts and we love them. I finally made the boys their first bed size quilts last new year's. They boys love them and some of the quilts from their grandmother we've put up for safe keeping.

My sons are starting to show an interest in quilting. One of my sons has begged me to make little quilts for his 2 teachers who both are having babies this school year. He says everyone buys babies blankets, but you don't know real love until you lay on a quilt.

I was at a loss for words.

probison 01-01-2011 10:23 AM

My son (37) wants me to lengthen the quilt I gave him for his birthday. He loves the quilt, for which I am very grateful--and pleased that he appreciates the work that went into the finished product.

kwiltkrazy 01-01-2011 11:36 AM

Yes, I think it gives me a real high, and it lasts for a good while. Saw my nephew over the Christmas break, last year I made him a Tennessee Waltz quilt and the large spots that were the snowball patches, were all quilted with the head of a dragon, he told me again how much he loves his quilt. Then later that day his mother told me of the near tragedy his quilt had. They have an old cat that is sickly, well she got sick on his quilt, and he got really upset about it. Something about heads will roll, needless to say the quilt came through with flying colors; I always include a thing of Grandmas spot remover with the quilts. So everything is fine. But it still made me feel good when he told me how much he "Loved" his quilt.

Ps 150 01-01-2011 11:39 AM

Absolutely! The feelings are almost as warm as the quilts themselves.

cheryl rearick 01-01-2011 05:24 PM

awesome Lindsey, must make you feel very good. I made a demin with fleece backing and my granddaughter feels the same way. everynight it keeps her warm. It makes all of us warm just thinking abt it huh forum? (((hus))