Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   NJ Quilt Shops near Franklin Lakes/Wayne/Fair Lawn area, Please! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/nj-quilt-shops-near-franklin-lakes-wayne-fair-lawn-area-please-t227715.html)

HouseDragon 08-11-2013 05:39 AM

NJ Quilt Shops near Franklin Lakes/Wayne/Fair Lawn area, Please!

Aloha!

We're in NJ visiting our DD's family. I'd love to visit some quilt shops while we are here.
Please list your favorite quilt shop round and about the Franklin Lakes / Wayne / Fair Lawn areas. We are sort of in the middle of those towns.
:)

Mahalo (Thank You) for any help!

alleyoop1 08-11-2013 08:32 AM

http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...ew-jersey.html

just janet 08-11-2013 05:52 PM

When I went to the above link, there is misinformation there. Quilts and Such in Lyndhurst is closed and Cozy Quilt Shoppe in River Edge is also closed. There's a shop in Pequannock called Acme Country Fabrics that wasn't listed.
There's also a Joann's in Paramus.

hopetoquilt 08-12-2013 02:38 AM

I grew up in Wyckoff, one town over from Franklin lakes and there aren't any quilt shops nearby except the chain stores like Joanne's. if you go into NYC, I am sure there a re more than a few quilt stores.

HouseDragon 08-12-2013 07:39 AM

Mahalo for the information ladies. I was afraid of trusting lists without links.

Just Janet, is Acme Country Fabrics a favorite of yours?

I've been to the JoAnn's stores on past trips. I see that a new JoAnn's is getting ready to open in the old Border's store in front of WallyWorld. But after we leave.
:(

winia 08-12-2013 07:59 AM

I lived in New Jersey for 67 years, and in the northern part of the state, quilt shops are totally nonexistent. There's the big chains. Joann's, there's a Fabricland in Plainfield, I think it is, on Route 22. Joann's is in either Mahwah or Ramsey. In Manhattan, believe it or not, there is one quilt shop. It's called The City Quilter on 25th Street in Manhattan between Seventh and Eighth. There's a fabric store on Route 17 north, fairly close to Route 4. It has a mixture of fabrics -- apparel, quilt and home dec. It also has all the supplies that you would need to make a quilt. The sign on the front of the store says Fabric.

HouseDragon 08-12-2013 08:11 AM

Mahalo Winia for your reply. Don't know if we'll get into the City or not ... we have four grandkiddies to travel with ... maybe if we hit the Museum of Natural History, I'll be able to detour to The City Quilter.

I soooooooo want to see their special NYC fabrics "in person".

Lizzie142 08-12-2013 09:00 AM

I live in that area and I agree with winia that there are very few Quilt shops in the area. But if you go to www.brownstonequilters.com ( the guild I belong to) and go to the resource tab, they list all the ones in the area.

Have un with your family and a great big welcome to the Garden State!

HouseDragon 08-12-2013 09:21 AM

Mahalo for the treasure trove of quilt shops!

You're blessed with an active guild with interesting programs.

Thanks for the warm welcome: I love visiting the Garden State during tomato season!
:) We live on the Garden Island and never have those big, juicy, RIPE (Jersey) tomatoes in our farmers markets.

Originally Posted by Lizzie142 (Post 6230264)
I live in that area and I agree with winia that there are very few Quilt shops in the area. But if you go to www.brownstonequilters.com ( the guild I belong to) and go to the resource tab, they list all the ones in the area.

Have un with your family and a great big welcome to the Garden State!

HouseDragon 08-12-2013 02:23 PM

What a nice day my DD & I had. We went to the Acme Country Fabrics store.

Lovely small shop with a huge downstairs classroom. Lots and lots to browse through. Actually the upstairs is the same size as the classroom: it seems smaller because it's stuffed with goodies!

Ultimately I bought a Hoffman Bali Crackers in Parfait (#BC-609) after seeing the quilt the owner had just sandwiched using Crackers (ten-inch-squares). What a nice lady! She sketched out the design and measurements for me. The quilt is made from one pkg of Crackers.

I highly recommend this shop if you are in North Jersey.
:)