Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No Santa for me! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-santa-me-t81884.html)

oops 12-11-2010 02:59 PM

Today I bought ten yards of white. My white was depleted and with 40% off how could I not?. So I will go without grocery shopping for a week and dig into the stash of food that there is plenty of in the pantry and freezer. You know there are always ways to find money and not feel quilty,

liese 12-11-2010 04:26 PM

You sound like me! During the summer I did the Fabric.com sale. When the UPS man showed up with the beat up box he wanted to open it to make sure nothing was damaged. I told him no worry -- it's only fabric -- 90 lbs of it! My DH was in shock -- 90 lbs of fabric in one delivery!

nursie76 12-11-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM
I have started to delete the fabric shops e-mails before I can read them.

That is what I am doing also....it almost hurts to push the delete button, but I really can't justify buying any more fabric....sale or no sale! Now...if....I....can just....keep my....finger...away from the..."buy" button! :shock:

madamekelly 12-11-2010 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
I have been very Bad! I went online this morning and browsed the sale at Fabric.com....An hour later i checked out with a 37.00 total after the coupon code and got Free shipping. So i now have over 10 yds of fabric coming and i have no idea what i am going to do with it yet. Santa will be SO MAD! I keep telling myself..."no more fabric" I have absolutely NOOOOOOOO willpower. I think i need to have DH take away my laptop for a few months. I hope i am not the only one with this "illness"
I am starting to scare myself. Any advise on how to stop being so compulsive?????????

Pretend you are allergic to shopping carts????!!!!

penski 12-11-2010 04:37 PM

been there done that !! i just had to get the will power to not go looking !! and it works!!

bjnicholson 12-11-2010 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by MrsM
I have started to delete the fabric shops e-mails before I can read them.

Me too. If I go there, I buy!

Birdie6153 12-11-2010 04:40 PM

I've been watching the different programs about hoarders and realized I was one. I have successfully given away alot of my fabrics that I realized I would never do anything with, and I have stopped looking at web sites and going to fabric stores unless I absolutely need to for supplies - and I try not to look at the fabrics. It helps, too, that I don't live real close to fabric stores right now.

daisey 12-11-2010 04:52 PM

I am bad bad bad too...but I think its terminal for me.

Playtime7 12-11-2010 05:07 PM

I tell all my friends I work for Connecting Threads.... maybe I should buy some of their stock... You should see how many boxes I saved to wrap presents in... :)

SuziC 12-11-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by liese
You sound like me! During the summer I did the Fabric.com sale. When the UPS man showed up with the beat up box he wanted to open it to make sure nothing was damaged. I told him no worry -- it's only fabric -- 90 lbs of it! My DH was in shock -- 90 lbs of fabric in one delivery!

Okay now i don't feel SO bad....90lbs???! OMG!!!