Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No sheet sleeping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-sheet-sleeping-t283075.html)

Sandygirl 10-18-2016 02:21 AM

When does he bathe? ;)
sandy

toverly 10-18-2016 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7679154)
Buy him a nice micro fleece blanket and put the quilt on when company comes. Otherwise, just fold the quilt over the foot of the bed on top of the blanket or put it on a quilt rack in his room.

This is what I do with my 18 year old. He has never been a between the sheets kid also. I guess it's from being too scared to place items in his crib as a baby. I made him a quilt "bedspread" which is folded on the bottom of the bed, of course, it mostly lies crumpled on the floor but surprisingly when company comes, he makes it up with the quilt.

Peckish 10-18-2016 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by GailG (Post 7679665)
if he doesn't like a top sheet, why would you want to attach a sheet to his quilt?

Because a sheet will protect the quilt from body oils and soiling. It's easier to wash a sheet than a quilt. :thumbup:

cashs_mom 10-18-2016 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl (Post 7679702)
When does he bathe? ;)
sandy

Hopefully, often.

RST 10-18-2016 11:11 AM

You don't think it's rude and quite a jump from stated information to imply that someone who doesn't like a top sheet is lacking in hygiene?

Teen boys don't tend to love to fuss with bedding and room decor. I've got 4 of them currently, so I do feel like something of an authority on the subject. Their bathing habits do not correlate with the state of their rooms or beds.

I wash quilts often with no ill effects. They're really quite sturdy.

barny 10-18-2016 01:08 PM

I think Velcro would really tangle your hair, wouldn't it? I'd be afraid it would.

mike'sgirl 10-18-2016 04:35 PM

L.p.

Originally Posted by RST (Post 7680050)
You don't think it's rude and quite a jump from stated information to imply that someone who doesn't like a top sheet is lacking in hygiene?

Teen boys don't tend to love to fuss with bedding and room decor. I've got 4 of them currently, so I do feel like something of an authority on the subject. Their bathing habits do not correlate with the state of their rooms or beds.

I wash quilts often with no ill effects. They're really quite sturdy.

Thank you, I really wasn't sure what to say to that question. :)

mike'sgirl 10-18-2016 04:39 PM

He is not into fuss, but he has noticed that I've made quilts for his sisters and I've only made him one several years ago.
I know he would like one.
The snap tape sounds like something to look into, and I might just not worry about it and just keep it washed. I so appreciate all of your comments and suggestions. Thanks again, Gina

elnan 10-18-2016 04:50 PM

Go to ourfamilyunit.com and take a look at the tutorial for bunk bed caps or snugglers, much like what you are thinking of making.

RST 10-18-2016 06:09 PM

<<<he has noticed that I've made quilts for his sisters and I've only made him one several years ago.
I know he would like one. >>>

Exactly. I was deeply honored that my college bound son asked me to make him a quilt that he could take to school and use every day, and not worry about keeping special. I made him a nice but not fancy quilt, and he truly does use it. I hope he uses it up and I get to make him another.