Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No tangle binding (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-tangle-binding-t54553.html)

Sew_Deer 07-14-2010 08:50 PM

Has any of you tried this? A friend sent me a copy of her quilt guild news letter and this little tip was in it. What a Great Idea.

Avoid the frustration of tangled quilt binding with this simple and very handy idea from a quilter who wraps the ready- to-sew binding around an empty toilet-paper roll. She then runs a cord (or ribbon) through the tube, ties the ends of the cord together, and hangs the roll around her neck. The binding rolls easily off the roll without getting tangled. How clever is that?!

GrammaNan 07-14-2010 08:51 PM

That's a neat idea. I have wrapped the binding around a cone of thread before, but I have not tried this. Thanks for sharing.

Grammy o'5 07-14-2010 10:01 PM

That sounds good, but can you picture the doorbell ringing and going to the door with a toilet paper roll hanging around your neck!! LOL :P :lol: :P

PMY in QCA-IL 07-14-2010 10:35 PM

I like to put my binding in a plastic (grocery) bag and hang it beside my machine while I sew it to my quilts, it just feeds right out of there and doesn't get tangled up or linty (from the floor).

amma 07-14-2010 10:35 PM

LMBO I would forget to take it off too. But I am willing to give it a try!!! :D:D:D

Melinda in Tulsa 07-14-2010 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sew_Deer
Has any of you tried this? A friend sent me a copy of her quilt guild news letter and this little tip was in it. What a Great Idea.

Avoid the frustration of tangled quilt binding with this simple and very handy idea from a quilter who wraps the ready- to-sew binding around an empty toilet-paper roll. She then runs a cord (or ribbon) through the tube, ties the ends of the cord together, and hangs the roll around her neck. The binding rolls easily off the roll without getting tangled. How clever is that?!

I saw that tip one time on Fons and Porter. At the moment, I have an empty TP roll in a gallon glass jug, just waiting for the next binding. I haven't tried it yet, but it is supposed to sit under your feet and feed out of the jug. Think I saw this tip on Fons and Porter too :P

wvdek 07-14-2010 10:46 PM

I'd probably hang myself with it somehow!

Good idea!

Oklahoma Suzie 07-15-2010 02:19 AM

Great idea.

raptureready 07-15-2010 04:27 AM

I use the toilet rolls then hang them on a peg board over my right shoulder. (the peg is at a 90degree angle to my back) It rolls off wonderfully and never tangles.

brushandthimble 07-15-2010 04:30 AM

I saw that tip one time on Fons and Porter. At the moment, I have an empty TP roll in a gallon glass jug, just waiting for the next binding. I haven't tried it yet, but it is supposed to sit under your feet and feed out of the jug. Think I saw this tip on Fons and Porter too :P[/quote]

I may have to give this one a try, thanks for all the tips.