Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   No....Telfon pressing sheet...Help please... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/no-telfon-pressing-sheet-help-please-t196344.html)

quiltlady1941 07-31-2012 09:38 AM

No....Telfon pressing sheet...Help please...

I'm trying to make a wall hanging and I have some pieces that had fusing already on the back, it said to use a telfon sheet on top on the the fused fabric pieces...

ok I don't have a telfon pressing sheet is there anything that I could use besides the telfon pressing sheet?

I was thinking of just a cotton towel but then thought if any of the fusing stuff got on the towel while I was ironing the design on it would stick to the towel or maybe the design would move..

would freezer paper work instead of the telfon sheet?

please let me know if there is anything beside the telfon sheet that I can use....Thanks

jcrow 07-31-2012 09:43 AM

I think freezer paper should work.

kathyd 07-31-2012 09:45 AM

I would also think freezer paper (shiny side). Can you test it first so you don't mess something.

BellaBoo 07-31-2012 10:04 AM

Parchment paper or wax paper will work. Anything to keep the fusible off your iron and won't stick to your work. Cover your ironing board with paper (I use paper grocery bag) so any fusible won't stick to the cover. Freezer paper will work for the ironing board, it will stay in place, wax side down.

PaperPrincess 07-31-2012 10:04 AM

The shiny side of the freezer paper melts a bit and sticks to the fabric, YOu can peel it off but sometimes it's hard to get it started. I use cooking parchment paper.

Groucho 07-31-2012 10:16 AM

A suggestion if you use freezer paper. Take two pieces of freezer paper, put them shiny sides together, and iron them for a few seconds. The shiny sides will adhere to one another. You should be able to use this double-thick freezer paper "thingy" as a pressing sheet without worrying about getting sticky residue on your fabric or your iron. Good luck!

Handcraftsbyjen 07-31-2012 10:20 AM

Freezer paper will work.

kountrykreation 07-31-2012 10:22 AM

Parchment paper

knlsmith 07-31-2012 10:59 AM

Parchment paper would be a better choice than freezer paper. But I imagine if you're careful freezer paper would work, too.

BellaBoo 07-31-2012 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 5408654)
A suggestion if you use freezer paper. Take two pieces of freezer paper, put them shiny sides together, and iron them for a few seconds. The shiny sides will adhere to one another. You should be able to use this double-thick freezer paper "thingy" as a pressing sheet without worrying about getting sticky residue on your fabric or your iron. Good luck!

Great tip! Thanks for posting it. I am making each of my sewing buddies one just to brighten their day. Simple useful gift to give. Edge with pinking shears and roll it up and tie with a fabric strip.:)