Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Not sure if you're a good influence or bad! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/not-sure-if-youre-good-influence-bad-t79653.html)

emptyshellamy 11-30-2010 04:48 AM

My gosh, I joined a few wks ago but just started posting yesterday...I can't stay away from the computer :lol: My list of "must do's" has grown exponentially in 24 hrs and I set aside my Christmas & charity quilts in progress to knock out some stockings & a set of mug rugs that weren't on it.

'Check' on ideas & inspiration, big F on self-discipline :-o
Thank you all!

raptureready 11-30-2010 04:52 AM

This, too, shall pass. After the first few months it gets a little easier to navigate around and force yourself not to read EVERYTHING. You might also try to limit yourself to a certain time period. Mine is early morning, then sometimes later in the day if I've gotten the things I want/need to do done. It's hard to stay away from people with the same addictions and so many good ideas. Although I must admit that I had to go to a week long quilting retreat and NOT take my laptop in order to break myself of the "all day/every day" habit.

CarrieAnne 11-30-2010 04:55 AM

LOL, I SO know what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!!

AngieS 11-30-2010 04:56 AM

It is hard to get anything done when all you want to do is read about what everyone else is doing! :)

sewgull 11-30-2010 05:01 AM

We are a delightful group to a part of.

ann clare 11-30-2010 05:03 AM

I enjoy my visits here and have learned so much.

aorlflood 11-30-2010 05:06 AM

What I found is that initially I was on this site for HOURS and basically thought the same thing you said. However after about 2 weeks I became so inspired by this site that I really got into my quilting MORE and on this site less often...and it is still that way.

cjomomma 11-30-2010 05:15 AM

We won't go into the amount of time I spend on here. LOL!!! But if I'm bored I would much rather be here then watching tv or doing laundry or cleaning or grocery shopping, ok I will stop now!

merrylouw 11-30-2010 05:20 AM

Alas, we are a group of wonderful enablers! !!! I take the board with me everywhere I go, I have a smartphone and am now sitting in a doctor's waiting room visiting with you guys! lol

Quilt Mama 11-30-2010 05:28 AM

Don't kid me that it gets easier. I started quilted in 1992 and I have yet to lose my enthusiasm. Over the years my focus changes but it never leaves me. I can see my growth and changes and love it all. Two years ago I added hand piecing to the mix. This summer I mastered free motion quilting on the domestic machine. Some changes were forced on me by body issues. Repetitive strain injury due to too much hand quilting sidelined me for a few years. I started with the walking foot and was doing well with that but when it died from overuse I reached for the darning foot and overcame that mental block. I guess the journey will change some more as I age more but I don't foresee it stopping, at least, if I can help it.