Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Now here is a sewing room that turns me green with envy. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/now-here-sewing-room-turns-me-green-envy-t20763.html)

Skeat 06-02-2009 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
too pastel :mrgreen:
too neat :mrgreen:
no threads dangling anywhere :mrgreen:
no scraps :mrgreen:
looks designerish :twisted:
even the cat looks posed :mrgreen:
I wonder where her 'real' sewing room is? :twisted:

I so agree w/Joanne! All I see in that room are 2 things....she needs a bigger room w/all that stuff (!)and I bet she does more cleaning and dusting in there instead of sewing!:)I say out w/the couch/loveseat-that being there means you will have someone needed a problem fixed while you work....among a few other things...:)Pretty...just not practical in my book...I like to spread out and make a mess...:)Skeat

MelissaK 06-02-2009 04:09 AM

I would never come out!

Rose Marie 06-02-2009 06:43 AM

The clear table she has on her sewing machine is useless for quilting.
The quilt catchs on the front and on the sides. Mine now sits in a corner unused. Had to buy a table that my machine sits inside so it is level with table top. And that thing cost me 79 dollars, what a waste of money.
So my conclusion is this room is just for show, no real work done there.

Skeat 06-02-2009 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
The clear table she has on her sewing machine is useless for quilting.
The quilt catchs on the front and on the sides. Mine now sits in a corner unused. Had to buy a table that my machine sits inside so it is level with table top. And that thing cost me 79 dollars, what a waste of money.
So my conclusion is this room is just for show, no real work done there.

The extension table??I love mine! So sorry yours didn't work out for you :cry: Skeat

BellaBoo 06-02-2009 05:41 PM

I was lucky to see Nancy Zieman's private sewing room and it's very neat, everything has a place, no mess anywhere. She has lots of furniture made just for the sewing room. Nothing much is showing, not even her sewing machines.

k3n 06-03-2009 12:16 AM

My sewing room is pretty tidy and organised too - I can't work in a mess. Plus it's only about 6' x 8' so there's no ROOM for mess! LOL

K x

Quilt4u 06-03-2009 03:33 AM

Love it.

Rose Marie 06-03-2009 06:45 AM

Skeat, how do you keep your quilt from catching on the edges?
It works fine for piece work but not for quilting.

butterflywing 06-03-2009 03:10 PM

that's not where she works. that's where the cleaning person works.

and if i had a sofa in my sewing room (read: basement) i would have altogether too much company. where is her stash and other thingies?
if it all fits in that armoire, then she doesn't have enough!

k3n 06-03-2009 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
Skeat, how do you keep your quilt from catching on the edges?
It works fine for piece work but not for quilting.

I've just got one too and only used it once, but I must say I had no trouble either - once I'd stuck the little rubber foot pads on it! :oops: Before that it kept sliding away but after it was fine. :D

K x