Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Now what? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/now-what-t273383.html)

nativetexan 12-16-2015 03:03 PM

well if used as a Christmas quilt to show off and not necessarily for warmth, I think it just fitting the mattress is fine. I like the way you finished the background. There are three fabrics in there I would love to have!! very pretty.

Jan in VA 12-16-2015 03:11 PM

OH!!! Now I get it, hahaha! Oh well, my graphics may inspire someone else design for a tree.
Let what you've done here. I'd border it, too.

Jan in VA (posted to the previous post on this topic.)

quiltingbuddy 12-16-2015 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 7405851)
OH!!! Now I get it, hahaha! Oh well, my graphics may inspire someone else design for a tree.
Let what you've done here. I'd border it, too.

Jan in VA (posted to the previous post on this topic.)

Thnks Jan, I did see the other posting and I do like it, but this is what I meant. I might try to remember your idea for another time though.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas. I guess the consensus is to use red for the binding so I will certainly do that! As for a border I'm not sure yet.

Jan in VA 12-16-2015 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy (Post 7405957)
Thnks Jan, I did see the other posting and I do like it, but this is what I meant. I might try to remember your idea for another time though.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and ideas. I guess the consensus is to use red for the binding so I will certainly do that! As for a border I'm not sure yet.

I MEANT to say "LOVE what you've done", not LET.....It's been a drowsy, out-of-it-all-day sort of day. :rolleyes:

Jan in VA

BETTY62 12-16-2015 08:27 PM

If you are happy with the size just add the red binding as Jeanne S suggests. That really is a nice holiday quilt.

DOTTYMO 12-16-2015 10:54 PM

You could just use red binding to give an edge, not exactly a border.

mom-6 12-17-2015 02:18 AM

Really like how you've done this!

Doesn't NEED a border, but if you chose to add one, that would be nice too.

Like the suggestion of red binding.

youngduncan 12-17-2015 03:24 AM

If it were mine, I would add a border -- even a very narrow one -- to give the eye a stopping place. I was always told that a work of art needs a frame of some kind, and this is definitely a work of art. I really like the idea of binding your quilt in red. Hmmm! What about a jelly roll width of red for the border and a binding of the same color? That sounds intriguing.

jmoore 12-17-2015 03:34 AM

maybe draping it over your bed would help your decision about a border (or no border). If no border, I would add a bright red binding picking up some of the reds in your ornaments.

Texas_Sue 12-17-2015 05:32 AM

I wouldn't add borders if it was mine. I love the way the quilt turned out. Congratulations! It's gorgeous.

Susan