Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OBW cut out remorse (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/obw-cut-out-remorse-t110350.html)

Ms Elaine Va 03-27-2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Has anyone else cut out an OBW and got 96 hexagons to put together and wonder why you did this. My daughter whom never has quilted cut it out Sunday and then left after visiting with me and the Hexagons?????? I figured I would put seven together maybe 4 days a week. I have 9 on design wall . OH my, what have I done. Suzanne

I wish I had someone that would cut out hexagons for me!! What a great job of cutting.

JudithAnn 03-28-2011 08:08 PM

they are beautiful!

TonnieLoree 03-28-2011 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz
Has anyone else cut out an OBW and got 96 hexagons to put together and wonder why you did this. My daughter whom never has quilted cut it out Sunday and then left after visiting with me and the Hexagons?????? I figured I would put seven together maybe 4 days a week. I have 9 on design wall . OH my, what have I done. Suzanne

They're beautiful! Send my way if you fall into deeper remorse. :lol:

TonnieLoree 03-28-2011 08:37 PM

Translation please: What is a WIP and an OBW? I'll probably do a head slap when someone answers. Not the first time, and probably not the last. Thanks

Auntie B 03-28-2011 08:39 PM

OBW --- have you tried the mirrors on the fabric first before you buy ???? Our shop has a set of mirrors that we quite often look at fabric before the customer buys. We have a OBW quilt hanging in the shop that is absolutely stunning. And we teach a class on OBW , haven't seen and ugly one yet! Regards from slightly thawing Saskatchewan..... that's Canada eh!

ljorange 03-28-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Translation please: What is a WIP and an OBW? I'll probably do a head slap when someone answers. Not the first time, and probably not the last. Thanks

Work in progress and one block wonder. Someday we'll just talk all in acronyms!

nancia 03-28-2011 09:30 PM

ok, please, what does imho stand for? someone should make a page of acronyms for us new folks. thanks!

JoanneS 03-28-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, please, what does imho stand for? someone should make a page of acronyms for us new folks. thanks!

In my humble opinion

nancia 03-28-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS

Originally Posted by nancia

In my humble opinion

thank you so much! i never would have figured that one out!

TonnieLoree 03-29-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ljorange

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree

Work in progress and one block wonder. Someday we'll just talk all in acronyms!

Thank you so much. See, I learn something new every day! I guess I have a lot of WIP's and OBW's and UFO's in my collections. Just need to do something with them. Again, thanks for the clarification.