Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Off to a good start! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/off-good-start-t87191.html)

VickiM 01-02-2011 06:51 PM

Even though I started my 2011 resolution on 12/8/10...after my last craftshow was done for the year & my DD left to go back to N.C. I said I would clean-out & clean-up my craftroom by 1/1...took me all this time of steady working, but I got it done. Boy! Does it feel good!!! Let's see how long it lasts...I also vowed to finish UFO's that have been 1/2 finished for over 2 years (some as much as 5!--funny what you find when you clean out), I will start on those on Tues. First I want to finish the fun signs I'm making for my craftroom (will be pics in a couple of days). I also have at least a dozen quilts (mostly for charity, but a few to sell at shows) to quilt & bind, 1/2 doz. tablerunners for selling (all are from scraps & stash). They've been hanging around for most of the year. I have a Janome 6600 on layaway till Feb. & will do the quilts & runners with it. I have a Janome 9000 that is my workhorse & also quilts beautifully, but small throat area. I also have a Janome 300E & need to get back to my embroidery again. I also have a Viking Designer 1 that was bought 1 1/2 yr. ago & never turned on yet...I will learn how to use it this month, then will have to learn the 6600 next month. Also, have my craft inventory to get done by 3/1 for taxes. I also have to remake craftshow items (it's a one-of-a-kind booth, no 2 alike of anything, even multiple items) & I need to get my decorative clothing started also for the shows. I'm also in the process of an internet bi-monthly BOM & a weekly mystery quilt. Boy! Until writing this, I didn't realize just how busy this year is going to be!!! Sorry for the BOOK...I just had to let someone know I got that room cleaned up...hubby laughs & says it won't stay that way for long...get pics! Hope everyone's year is full of beautiful, creative things!!!

np3 01-02-2011 06:56 PM

I agree, you need pictures! Glad to see you put your stitching to good use. I did a lot of craft shows when my kids were little. Haven't done that in years!

sueisallaboutquilts 01-02-2011 07:11 PM

Reading your post made me tired!! lol
You sound like Wonderwoman!!!!!!!
Happy New Year :D:D

mommamac 01-02-2011 07:18 PM

hubby laughs & says it won't stay that way for long

Want to send us a picture a month & prove him wrong LOL

Vicki W 01-02-2011 07:19 PM

Congratulations on getting your room clean and ready for 2011. Take a few deep breaths before you start running.

sewwhat85 01-02-2011 09:58 PM

congrats

mimee4 01-03-2011 06:09 AM

Sounds like a wonderful year is ahead. And you have a good start with a clean room. Stay focused and you will make it to March LOL.

Jerudy 01-03-2011 06:28 AM

Can't wait to see the fun signs for your craft room, I'm looking for some ideas to decorate my new craft room.

dkabasketlady 01-03-2011 07:00 AM

I'm waiting for the pics like everyone else,lol!! I wish you the best of luck in keeping the room clean and getting all your projects done. Yes, you're going to have a very BUSY year, but a very productive one also.

VickiM 01-04-2011 05:52 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Ok everyone...here are the pics you wanted. There are a few so I will break it up. It's been a few days now & it's still clean, even though I've already been working on several projects already. I still need to put up shelf for speakers for cassette/cd player hubby got me so I could listen to music (have lots of 70's & 80's music on cassettes) and books on cd when tv not on. Also want to make chair covers & machine covers later. Blank place on table is for 6600 coming off layaway in Feb.

Center back of room--remember I'm a crafter too--inventory is pretty low right now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153415[/ATTACH]

Center back area
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153416[/ATTACH]

Far wall to the left
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153419[/ATTACH]

Far left end
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153420[/ATTACH]

As you come into room looking right
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153483[/ATTACH]

As you look directly in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153484[/ATTACH]

Left of entry--more craftshow items