Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OH MY -- I have UFOs!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-my-i-have-ufos-t40642.html)

amandasgramma 03-25-2010 06:41 AM

Thought I'd just share this with you all.

I've been quilting about a year now.........was smug thinking I didn't have many quilts/wall hangings that were unfinished. WELL, DGD is here this week and commented on a quilt in the LQS. I said I'd made one and would show it to her. I started digging in my sewing room!!!! OM, I have 4 quilt UFOs, 5 wallhangings and one tablerunner!! She, being the smartaxx teenager, said..."Grandma, don't you EVER finish anything?"...........sigh :mrgreen:

craftybear 03-25-2010 06:42 AM

Hi,

Wow, so are you busy finishing your UFO's now. That was cute from the teenager.

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Thought I'd just share this with you all.

I've been quilting about a year now.........was smug thinking I didn't have many quilts/wall hangings that were unfinished. WELL, DGD is here this week and commented on a quilt in the LQS. I said I'd made one and would show it to her. I started digging in my sewing room!!!! OM, I have 4 quilt UFOs, 5 wallhangings and one tablerunner!! She, being the smartaxx teenager, said..."Grandma, don't you EVER finish anything?"...........sigh :mrgreen:

Rachel 03-25-2010 06:43 AM

Teach her to quilt, then she'll understand. tee hee

thequilterslink 03-25-2010 06:44 AM

LOL, wait til you have been quilting 20+ years :)

Oklahoma Suzie 03-25-2010 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel
Teach her to quilt, then she'll understand. tee hee

Great idea.

raptureready 03-25-2010 07:01 AM

My UFO's, LIW's, and WIP's could fill a small room. I've got at least 8 UFO's, 32 LIW's, and 7 WIP's but I have actually finished a couple.

amandasgramma 03-25-2010 07:29 AM

Actually, the first part of this week, I asked if she wanted to sew. She said "no, I don't like it". WELL, I MADE her help with a pillowcase yesterday. She did 1/2 the 2nd pillowcase and did the 3rd one on her own! She wants to do 2-3 more today!!! She said it was more fun than watching tv!!!! LOL I'll post a pic when we're done.

Marjpf 03-25-2010 07:53 AM

Actually, the first part of this week, I asked if she wanted to sew. She said "no, I don't like it". WELL, I MADE her help with a pillowcase yesterday. She did 1/2 the 2nd pillowcase and did the 3rd one on her own! She wants to do 2-3 more today!!! She said it was more fun than watching tv!!!! LOL I'll post a pic when we're done.

Great job! She will be a quilter yet.

LucyInTheSky 03-25-2010 08:02 AM

Tell her that now that she likes sewing, she can finish your UFOs :D

littlehud 03-25-2010 07:36 PM

I always finished a quilt before starting another. About a year ago everything changed. I don't know why, but I have a lot of UFOs. I'll finish them someday. I hope. :lol: :lol: