Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-no-its-gone-no-one-blame-but-myself-t274595.html)

cathyvv 01-16-2016 05:06 PM

Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself...

For the last 3 days I have hunted through my home for a kit I bought a year ago from Connecting Threads. The kit is called "Fundamentals".

I know exactly where it was on Dec 15, 2015. But it's gone. Disappeared. Lost but not found! I was the only one at home from early December to December 20th, then I went to NJ for the Christmas holidays. There is no one to blame for this not nearly tragic loss but me! That REALLY stinks. I don't like it when it's my fault! :(

So, I thought I could just buy another one on CT. Nope. That's gone, too! It was on the CT site the day before I made the decision to buy another kit. Ugh. Why did i wait so long to buy it? Well, we all know the reason for that. I figured the kit I had would suddenly re-appear.

No such luck. So I'm buying the pattern. Then I'll use fabrics from my stash and make it. What? Use fabrics from my stash? Has anyone ever done that?

JenniePenny 01-16-2016 05:18 PM

Sometimes Cosmic Events (Black Holes) know right where quilters live. They are the root cause of every lost seam ripper, fat quarter, and kit. What a disappointment!

Maggie_Sue 01-16-2016 05:24 PM

I am sure your stash will be just fine, may not even notice some fabric is being utilized. Will be watching to see your quilt!!!

Boston1954 01-16-2016 05:56 PM

I had that happen with a movie. I looked in the place that I KNOW I put it (four times) and it was not there. Then a few days later, it was there. I have hopes that your kit will come home.

sulyle 01-16-2016 05:59 PM

As soon as you get the pattern and start a new quilt, the old kit will probably show up. That's what usually happens to me.

Doggramma 01-16-2016 06:09 PM

I feel your pain! That happened to me with a raw edge applique horse pictoral quilt. Very very annoying!

PaperPrincess 01-16-2016 06:10 PM

I cut a bunch of 5" charms on my Studio, which is in a different room from my sewing machine. Needed these few to finish up a project. Within 5 minutes of cutting them, they disappeared. Like they got lost on my walk across the house. Gave up & cut more. Found them almost a week later in the kitchen (?)

quiltingcandy 01-16-2016 06:13 PM

That happens to me all the time. I have had several one way conversations with the gremlins in my house, but every so often they have to play Hide-n-Seek with something I need. Once I replace it, they decide to return it. It can be very frustrating.

quiltsRfun 01-16-2016 07:10 PM

Is it one of those Murphy's law things? If you'd bought the new kit the old one would have turned up. You don't buy the new kit, the old one doesn't turn up, and now the new one is unavailable. Anyway, glad you could get the pattern.

Dina 01-16-2016 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by sulyle (Post 7435848)
As soon as you get the pattern and start a new quilt, the old kit will probably show up. That's what usually happens to me.

Yup, me too. I can almost count on it.

Dina