Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Oh! What Did I Do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/oh-what-did-i-do-t217899.html)

IBQUILTIN 04-02-2013 07:51 AM

I entered a quilt in our guild show that I thought could have been better, but we needed quilts hanging. Lo and Behold when I went in the next morning there was a 2nd place ribbon hanging on my quilt. I was surprised and thrilled and it certainly made me be a little less critical of my work. Your quilt will do just fine and you can just ignore the critique if you would like. Enjoy showing it off, it was a lot of work

charlotte37830 04-02-2013 08:00 AM

Just remember that the judges are giving their opinions. There are no hard and set rules for quilting. If you are happy with it, then that is all that matters.

Loretta 04-02-2013 10:44 AM

Negative replies from the judges are only meant to help you.

purplefiend 04-02-2013 05:25 PM

MarLeClair,
You just jump in with both feet and do it! :D Not everyone likes the same thing, you maybe pleasantly surprised about the comments you hear. You have to grow a thick skin about entering quilt shows.

penski 04-02-2013 07:58 PM

i agree with the majority , dont let the judges comments bring you down what one judge thinks another one might think differant, i have been entering quilts since my first year of quilting and the first year irecieved 3 rd place and was mad about the judges comments , but i listened to what the judge said and corrected it on the next quilt , and for the last 3 years i have placed in first , so now i consider the comments and have learned from them which has improved my quilts , and i still love those first quilts as much as i love the first place ones !

cathyvv 04-02-2013 08:19 PM

I entered a quilt I made for my now 10 year old nephew in a local quilt show. I have no illusions about my quilts - they're good, not great, but I have fun making them. I did hesitate just a little bit before I entered it.

I got the BEST judging I could possibly get for of my nephews quilt - he was SOOOOOO PROUD to see his quilt on display! He even asked me if he could have the "certificate of appreciation" that was awarded to every entrant in the show so he could show his friends and his teacher. He wanted me to introduce him to my quilting friends, and go to a meeting with me.

It doesn't get much better than that!

MarLeClair 04-04-2013 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I am going to go ahead and enter the quilt so that people can see it but I am not having it judged. Genesee Valley has a wonderful quilt show and if my one quilt can hang with all those wonderful other quilts, I guess I should be happy. On the entry for it says that the committee has the right to refuse a quilt so, I'll give it a shot. Attached is the quilt I am going to show.

Skittl1321 04-05-2013 10:20 AM

That is a beautiful quilt! It would be a lovely addition to any show.

Cosy 04-05-2013 11:03 AM

That is one beautiful quilt. I'm glad you decided to display it!

pattypurple 04-05-2013 05:06 PM

Beautiful. I'll be sure to look for it