Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ok, going to buy one, but which one?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-going-buy-one-but-one-t159756.html)

Crabby Patty 10-11-2011 06:58 PM

I have the Go cutter and love it. I know that you can use the Baby Go dies in the Go cutter but you can't use the Go cutter dies in the Baby Go. I don't know if this will help with your decision or not. Good luck in which ever you choose.patti

kiffie2413 10-11-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
DH couldn't figure out what to get me for my birthday so he snooped in my computer while I was at work and found all my bookmarks for Sizzix. He bought me the Westminster! I asked him how he decided which one to buy; he said he understood the purple one was for quilting and the blue one was for paper (They are both the same machine but use a different length tray) his logic works for me!

I haven't played with it yet. I have a quilt project I detest that I have to finish first. I'm using the temptation of using the Westminster as motivation to get the quilt done.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great idea!! You really must have willpower, too!! lol..I haven't seen the Westminster, will have to check it out. I am having a hard time deciding what to do...if the sizzix big shot will work, then it sounds like a bargain. I am wondering if it is only the big shot pro that will do fabrics correctly?. If that is the case, prices on it are the same or even more than the Accuquilt Go...it would be so easy if I had a dh who didn't just say, "get whichever one you think."... :wink: Hmm..that sounds great, eh?..blame dh...:roll:
Thanks again all,
Kif

Mitch's mom 10-11-2011 07:24 PM

When you are shopping you want to make sure you are looking at the Sizzix Big Shot PRO or the Westminster. The regular Big Shot is not the same machine, it is considerably smaller. Jacquie could probably help with more info on the differences between the regular and the Pro

kiffie2413 10-11-2011 07:43 PM

When you are shopping you want to make sure you are looking at the Sizzix Big Shot PRO or the Westminster. The regular Big Shot is not the same machine, it is considerably smaller. Jacquie could probably help with more info on the differences between the regular and the Pro

Thanks...we have pm'd back and forth, and she has given me some good info...but, it seems that the Sizzix big shot pro will be more than the Accuquilt Go...so, I really don't know what I am going to do now...maybe just go to bed, get up tomorrow, and use my June Tailor shape cut ruler and forget it all!! :shock: I really thought I knew what I wanted...and now I am just not sure...will definitely need to do more research! I thought, "Hey, I can spend 80 dollars on the Sizzix big shot, and buy some dies, and not be too much into it if I don't use it!.." But now I have met reality, and know the regular big shot won't do it...
Thanks ya'll,
Kif

Dolphyngyrl 10-11-2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
check out the sizzix bigshot and bigshot PRO as well!

Hi, I saw a prior post where you mentioned them, but when I look at them I can't get a sense that they will do fabric, and will they do 2 1/2" strips? Several places have some people who say that it won't work with fabric, don't try it... and some who say it is good for fabric?? I also saw where one may need a shim, but that is not a problem for me...just want to make sure it will do the fabric shapes I need...Thanks for the suggestion, and any other info you may have or can steer me to would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for the info!
Kif

Yes they have lots of quilting dies including strips, their strip dies are about 20 dollars cheaper too, and they do cut fabric.

kiffie2413 10-11-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
check out the sizzix bigshot and bigshot PRO as well!

Hi, I saw a prior post where you mentioned them, but when I look at them I can't get a sense that they will do fabric, and will they do 2 1/2" strips? Several places have some people who say that it won't work with fabric, don't try it... and some who say it is good for fabric?? I also saw where one may need a shim, but that is not a problem for me...just want to make sure it will do the fabric shapes I need...Thanks for the suggestion, and any other info you may have or can steer me to would be much appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for the info!
Kif

Yes they have lots of quilting dies including strips, their strip dies are about 20 dollars cheaper too, and they do cut fabric.

:thumbup: Thanks! And a big thank you to Jacquie for all the help and patience with me! Now I just have to find the best price on the big shot pro, and if I can get the 2 1/2 strip die from Sizzix, or do I get it from Accuquilt?...Thankfully caramel corn rice cakes and cola have been a great "2nd wind" snack for me... :)
K

hobbykat1955 10-12-2011 03:31 AM

For the little diff in price...go for the GO...also ckk out Nancy Notions she has it with a bonus die set sometimes and the best price...I pd 249 for the Go with it's die package and a bonus 90.00 die set with it...included tumbler and a couple of others.

Lacelady 10-12-2011 06:52 AM

Thanks...we have pm'd back and forth, and she has given me some good info...but, it seems that the Sizzix big shot pro will be more than the Accuquilt Go...so, I really don't know what I am going to do now...maybe just go to bed, get up tomorrow, and use my June Tailor shape cut ruler and forget it all!! :shock: I really thought I knew what I wanted...and now I am just not sure...will definitely need to do more research! I thought, "Hey, I can spend 80 dollars on the Sizzix big shot, and buy some dies, and not be too much into it if I don't use it!.." But now I have met reality, and know the regular big shot won't do it...
Thanks ya'll,
Kif

I've seen Youtube videos where the Pig Shot Pro Westminster cuts 10 layers at once - you won't be able to do that with a Go.

There was one on ebay this morning at a very reduced price because the box had been opened. I would have jumped at the chance, but as usual, it was delivery only in the US.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sizzix-Westm...ht_3312wt_1138

kiffie2413 10-12-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Thanks ya'll,
Kif

I've seen Youtube videos where the Pig Shot Pro Westminster cuts 10 layers at once - you won't be able to do that with a Go.

There was one on ebay this morning at a very reduced price because the box had been opened. I would have jumped at the chance, but as usual, it was delivery only in the US.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sizzix-Westm...ht_3312wt_1138

Thank you!! I will check it out...and, sorry about the delivery only in the US...I know that must be frustrating sometimes...I know I have seen some stuff in UK same way...sigh...
Regards,
Kif

tutt 10-12-2011 09:34 AM

I would go with the "Go" you can cut smaller on the "Go" but you can't cut larger on the "Baby Go".