Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OK, I'll bring it up...quilted gifts for the holidays...what have you got going? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-ill-bring-up-quilted-gifts-holidays-what-have-you-got-going-t28046.html)

Butterfli19 11-02-2009 03:34 AM

I'm very behind since I haven't even picked up a needle in about three months. (I went on a writing kick but have decided I don't want to spend that much time with my own thoughts and need to do something with purpose.)

Anyway, I'm going through a few catalogs I've received and wanted to know your favorite quilting places to order different types of fabrics and patterns from. I'm not into large quilts as I really don't have the room and am somewhat intimidated (more the reason) and was looking for some smaller projects that would also be enjoyed. I also need to (should) take a machine quilting class. That may help.

So...where do you like to shop, what are you making, and what do you find people love to get as quilted gifts?

I'm off to work now, I'll check back later tonight.

Have a wonderful day!

sdparent 11-02-2009 03:56 AM

I made 10 I Spy quilts for my grandkids, nieces and nephew for christmas. I have 2 lap quilts ready for sister in-laws and need to do one for each of my girls. Right now I am working on a charity project of making a dz. I Spy quilts for Angels & Elves here in the Mt. Washington Valley every child deserves to have a great christmas morning. I think I will also take some of my scraps and make some quilted bookmarks for the girls.

Yarn or Fabric 11-02-2009 03:57 AM

I shop wherever I can...
But for quilted Xmas I have plans for coasters, placemat and I've got a few tree skirts in the works. I am also going to make some quilted ornaments for gifts this year as well.

I'm considering a lap quilt but time is not going to be on my side this year for something that big sad to say - she'll have to get that for her end of the year teacher present! I have a baby blanket & 5 stuffed animals to finish up for Caron before I can do big stuff like that. I probably shouldn't be doing my tree skirts but I swore I'd make them this year!!

justwannaquilt 11-02-2009 04:53 AM

I have already made a quilt for my GM-I-L so she will get it for Christmas, and I am making two table runners, both for friends.
We are going to buy something golf related for my GF-I-L. Next year he will get a quilt for the couch downstairs where he hangs out.

I wanted to get my kids quilts done by Christmas but I think they will have to wait till their birthdays.

Quilt4u 11-02-2009 05:07 AM

I have made some pot holders with matching table runners.

ScrapQuilter 11-02-2009 08:12 AM

Going to make several table runners and or table toppers.

Does anyone out there have a good pattern for a teddy bear???
Have been wanting to make some scrapy looking ones.
Would love to make several for Christmas.

Scrap

Esqmommy 11-02-2009 08:20 AM

I've got two table runners going, and a third will be put together soon. I made a quilt for my MIL. I'm making soccer quilts for my kids (if I ever get them done!!) that's it for now..we'll see if I can get more done.

Tiffany 11-02-2009 08:21 AM

I am a true scrap quilter, often collecting bags of scraps from friends. I also do a large portion of my shopping at Joann's, using their 40% off coupon whenever possible. Once a year my local guild has a Chinese Raffle and I usually can pick up some great fabrics from it. Plus I go on a Shop Hop once a year, where I stock up on whatever I'm lacking. (Last year I concentrated on buying stencils; the year before that it was neutrals.) For Christmas I have made table runners, table toppers with matching hot pads, lap quilts, and assorted napkins. This year I'm making my grandson a quilt for his bed, several table runners, a table topper and matching napkins, fabric bowels filled with goodies, and several wall hangings. I find that panels are wonderful to use as the main centerpiece for a table topper or wall hanging. I'm just learning to machine quilt and I use them to practice on. It's so easy to follow the lines and they work up fairly quickly, or at least much faster then if I'd appliqued everything on! :wink:

Hope that helps some.

Quilt4u 11-02-2009 08:22 AM

I all so got 3 stockings done.

barbsbus 11-02-2009 08:26 AM

I am making potato bags for the microwave and some knitted welcome angel dishcloths for my friends and rag quilts for all 4 of the great grands.