Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ok, I'm convinced........ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-im-convinced-t118465.html)

Terryl 04-24-2011 09:07 AM

Until today, I had never seen the usefullness of using charm packs. I have always enjoyed cutting my own squares. But I wanted to make a bag/purse for my Mom for mother's day and as per usual I waited til the last minute. (I know mother's day is 2 weeks away, but my gift has to be mailed and that takes a minimum 5 days to get to her so I lose a week). I stopped at LQS to purchase a bow tucks pattern, they didn't have one so I ended up with the Charm Party Tote by Penny Sturges, and the Moda Summer Breeze charm pack. Boy did piecing the front and back go quickly. Now I just have to cut the lining, add to fusible pellon and voila' done. :thumbup: I will totally use another charm pack :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sunflower Girl 04-24-2011 09:19 AM

Picture please when finished!

ckcowl 04-24-2011 09:25 AM

another reason for the occassional charm pack is:
it gives you one of every piece of a collection- if you love a 40 piece collection but do not want to actually buy a cut piece of 40 fabrics the next best way to get a piece of the whole collection is to pick up one of the pre-cuts offered. then it's easy to pick out 4 or 5 pieces of the you love- and you have a little of everything to go with them.

craftybear 04-24-2011 01:14 PM

Please post a picture, we love show and tell, thanks

Originally Posted by Terryl
Until today, I had never seen the usefullness of using charm packs. I have always enjoyed cutting my own squares. But I wanted to make a bag/purse for my Mom for mother's day and as per usual I waited til the last minute. (I know mother's day is 2 weeks away, but my gift has to be mailed and that takes a minimum 5 days to get to her so I lose a week). I stopped at LQS to purchase a bow tucks pattern, they didn't have one so I ended up with the Charm Party Tote by Penny Sturges, and the Moda Summer Breeze charm pack. Boy did piecing the front and back go quickly. Now I just have to cut the lining, add to fusible pellon and voila' done. :thumbup: I will totally use another charm pack :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Stitchnripper 04-24-2011 01:23 PM

I also found that a bag went a lot faster using charm pieces

annieshane 04-24-2011 01:28 PM

I have done this several times and it is wonderful start for some really pretty designs. It is a no-brainer...and I sure need those from time to time!

Originally Posted by ckcowl
another reason for the occassional charm pack is:
it gives you one of every piece of a collection- if you love a 40 piece collection but do not want to actually buy a cut piece of 40 fabrics the next best way to get a piece of the whole collection is to pick up one of the pre-cuts offered. then it's easy to pick out 4 or 5 pieces of the you love- and you have a little of everything to go with them.

montanajan 04-24-2011 01:34 PM

I like the idea that the coordinating colors are together - don't have to think about "what goes well with that?"

CarrieAnne 04-24-2011 01:57 PM

I love them for the varity too!