Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ok, they said "Hippie Wedding"... so the quilt... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ok-they-said-%22hippie-wedding%22-so-quilt-t110566.html)

vlm219 03-26-2011 04:10 AM

Please post a picture of your quilt when it's done....and wedding details-sounds interesting. I grew up in the Age of Aquarius but being from conservative ND, didn't see much of the hippy movement.

LoriEl 03-26-2011 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer

Originally Posted by LoriEl
The first pattern I thought of was a bargello.

Actually, the more my brain works on it today, I think I am tending toward the bargello ~ its reminiscent of the psychadelic era :shock: and then if I added a large applique "krazy patchwork" hand-drawn LOVE with funky flowers, and a trio of the layered fray-able applique roses on the bottom corners of the quilt... hmmmm.... its the colors that really get me, but I think I could pull this off with the bargello pattern... or one called "Candy Queen" from allisonsdesigns may work for the backdrop, could be nicely dramatic in my colors?

Psychadelic-that's the word I couldn't think of when I thought bargello! Thank-you!

vlm219 03-26-2011 04:18 AM

Please post a picture of your quilt when it's done....and wedding details-sounds interesting. I grew up in the Age of Aquarius but being from conservative ND, I didn't see much of the hippy movement.

Kutnso 03-26-2011 04:42 AM

I thought Hippie Days were long gone. Anxious to see your quilt!!!
Good luck, Kutnso

Yooper32 03-26-2011 04:42 AM

It is clear to me, from your postings,that most of you "girls" grew up in this era. I, on the other hand, was the mother of two teens and a vagrant in those days. Now, wasn't that just fun?

Kutnso 03-26-2011 04:46 AM

Went to allisondesigns site and to me the place mat design would be my choice.
Again, good luck, Kutnso

Woodster 03-26-2011 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by granma1
What is a hippie wedding? Is everyone going to light up or what? I bet a Hippie wedding would be fun. I had a Hippie reception. It was a blast.

Too funny!!

justlooking 03-26-2011 04:53 AM

Sounds like a fun quilt.

seasaw2mch 03-26-2011 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How about a quilt similar to this one I made for one of my brothers

it says "Tweetyland" on top cause that's his nickname
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175092[/ATTACH]

kaykwilts 03-26-2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by granma1
What is a hippie wedding? Is everyone going to light up or what? I bet a Hippie wedding would be fun. I had a Hippie reception. It was a blast.

I had a hippe wedding....ours was this: we both wore gauze shirts from India, his had embroidery on it, mine was plain off white. We wore old faded blue jeans, complete with ragged leg bottoms, we were barefoot, I wore flowers in my hair--daisies, baby's breath, and a few red rose buds--we were married at night, in front of the Christmas tree (Dec 23rd) in my mothers living room, in the middle of the worst blizzard Iowa had seen in yrs....with Larry Norman and Styx music playing......and bell shaped ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins following........

Not a single picture survived the camera catastrophe that occurred....so we only have our memories.

32 yrs later, my hubby and I still have long, long hair (his is longer than mine right now!!), and love each other more today than we ever thought possible back then.....

So, with the divorce rate at over 50%....sometimes it is the most unlikely couples (man were we ever), with the most unlikely weddings, that last...

And while my post won't help you with your quilt (which I hope goes well), I do send along my best wishes for your nephew and his new bride.....

But what a wedding to remember :thumbup: ;)