Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Okay, which one of you bought up all the solid white at Connecting Threads? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/okay-one-you-bought-up-all-solid-white-connecting-threads-t211509.html)

nygal 01-20-2013 02:54 PM

I am waiting for an order to arrive from them but I didn't buy any solid white. So it wasn't me either.:)

aborning 01-21-2013 03:21 PM

I order all the time from Connecting threads--but usually it's thread and batting I order. I have only ordered a kit once so I am not familiar with their fabric. How is their white solid fabric is comparison to Kona white by Robert Kaufman? I like to use white fabric but tend to not buy the inexpensive stuff cause I fear it will be too thin and seams will show through too bad. Anyone use the white cotton fabric from Connecting threads? I would like to hear your opinions in it. FYI--Connecting threads has a sale going on right now--I know their battings are 30% until sometime in February. I need to order some soon. That's where I buy the Hobbs 80/20 as I don't have any local source to buy it from. My local source only carries the Hobbs Polydown--which I use all the time.

Patti25314 01-21-2013 04:13 PM

Not me either but I really appreciate the opportunity to giggle. Thanks. I needed that -- badly.

maryb119 01-21-2013 04:40 PM

Wasn't me!

Cybrarian 01-21-2013 05:07 PM

This is interesting because I had a small piece of white Fairy Frost in my stash (less than a fat quarter) and DDIL picked it as one of the fabrics for the Bargello I'm making them. So stopped at my LQS to get some and they were all sold out! No other white I could use so she said she'd call when it came in. Went up to get it today and she said she ordered 4 bolts because in checking her order history they've run out of white frequently over the last several months. A new trend of using whites more in quilts?

lovelyl 01-22-2013 05:06 AM

Not me, but I did just send in a $51 order. I was going to order some of their new Rhapsody in Red line, but lots of that line is already not available! But I did find some other fabric to order - imagine that!

SouthPStitches 01-22-2013 05:21 AM

Not guilty this time. I'm thinking the new Rhapsody of Reds was super-popular. I'm still the "master of my domain" in the fabric moratorium. Hardly a big deal when we haven't gotten through January yet. I usually place a CT order monthly. Feels like Christmas each time that box comes.

MaryAnnMc 01-22-2013 06:03 AM

Wasn't me, but Paper Princess's comment about the Rhapsody of Reds collection sent me scrambling. I just ordered a whole bunch, and yes, some of the fabrics I wanted were sold out all ready. As they carry their own lines of fabric, I didn't realize they don't reorder. Now I really hope my friend still wants a Norwegian flag quilt, or I'm going ot have an awful lot of red fabric on my hands.

pokeyscorner 01-22-2013 06:18 AM

Wasn't me, but I love it. Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the new quilt patterns seem to be sashed in white or have white backgrounds so the blocks look like they float? Maybe it's just me again!:)

QuiltyReese 01-22-2013 06:19 AM

I just ordered 5 yards of moda bella white from thousandsofbolts.com. I think it was 4.95 a yard. But now I think they only have 1 yard in stock. LOL I use a lot of white so I check back often and they seem to get a whole bunch in every few weeks or so.