Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OMG COOL TOOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/omg-cool-tool-t126303.html)

jodimarie 05-28-2011 11:14 AM

Wandering around the local Kansas City Micheals the other day, I found the neatest tool and bought one....of course, now I wish I had bought 2!! It is a Clover thread cutter ring. You wear it ( one size fits all ) between the first and second joint on your pointer finger and it saves you from picking up a pair of scissors to snip threads!! It has the tinest little blade that is well protected against accidental cuts but I'm sure it can't be sharpened. I am IN LOVE with this little ring, so much so, that I made it a special little case to back into when it is not on my finger.

Not associated with Micheals or Clover but I do know to pass on to friends a ''good thing''

Jodi

ShirlinAZ 05-28-2011 11:20 AM

Just what I need - another gadget! It does sound cool though.

jodimarie 05-28-2011 11:45 AM

on sale it was less than 2.00....best money I think I've ever spent!! no more fumbling for scissors!!

jodi

QuiltnNan 05-28-2011 11:49 AM

that does sound cool. however, i think i need the exercise reaching for the scissors LOL

gunny148 05-28-2011 11:51 AM

I have one bought it at a Micheals in SC. oh 6 years ago. They are great. thats for sure

lisainmo 05-28-2011 12:31 PM

Thanks I am going to look for one of those.

pjemark 05-28-2011 12:50 PM

this reminds me of the clever little tool i found the other day. I like to buy old sewing boxes at auctions, sales etc. They are always full of such goodies. Well this one had a little pair of sissory looking things. Like sissors without the finger rings and I thought how odd- I was thinking about pitching it but just couldn't. It sat on my sewing table for months. Well the other day I was sewing and my sizzers were not within reach so I grabbed these odd looking things and I'm hooked. They are so so cool. They aren't worth a hoot cutting material or paper or anything like that. I guess I would call them thread snips. They sit next to my sewing machine and you can just grab them and snip away at the threads. No trying to get your finger and thumb in the sissor holes. you just grab and snip!

BellaBoo 05-28-2011 12:58 PM

Snips have been around for dressmakers/tailors for years. My grandmother had a pair of Gingher ones. They are still as good as new. They are bigger then the ones I see for sale now though.

sandy14 05-28-2011 01:08 PM

I think I have seen the "finger cutter" at JoAnn's but wasn't sure I would like it so I have never bought one. Maybe I will rethink that move. And as you said, they are not expensive.
Nice tip, Thank you.

sandy14

Treasureit 05-28-2011 01:13 PM

That sounds a little like the thing I wear around my neck to cut threads...forget what it is called, but it is round and looks like a pendent but has little blades on the edges. I mostly use it with hand work and on airplanes.