Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OMG I did it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/omg-i-did-t230760.html)

joyce888 09-21-2013 02:19 PM

OMG I did it!

I went to the Quilt Show in Atlanta, GA Thursday and looked at the LAs. Well my friend and I went in together and purchased a Juki today. After looking at several machines and test driving them we both
liked the Juki and after many negotiations worked out a really sweet deal. I knew I couldn't afford one on my own but have the ideal place for one. My friend could afford one but didn't have the space so we split the cost and I will keep it at my house.
Im sooo excited but also so scared! I just hope I don't get buyers remorse!!

Charming 09-21-2013 02:22 PM

Congratulations!
It gets intimidating at the beginning but so much fun and the best feeling ever when you finish your quilt...you will be so proud of yourself. Also you have a friend right there by you through this journey and that is great!

Enjoy it

annie123 09-21-2013 02:24 PM

Congratulations!! I bet you'll love it. Sharing with your friend makes it all the better and not so scary.

wolph33 09-21-2013 02:41 PM

congrats-have fun learning

mdall 09-21-2013 02:48 PM

Oh I would just enjoy it. If you think about it for the long term you will see that it most likely will benefit you. If you normally have others LA your quilts for you most likely it comes with a price for the service. So over the next couple of years having your own will actually save you money. Trust me if I could afford one I would do it since I FMQ at the moment and I am limited to the size of quilts due to a small throat on my machine.

Sandygirl 09-21-2013 03:01 PM

Congrats!

Dont forget to check with your homeowners insurance to make sure that the long arm is covered. I would also draw up an agreement with your partner in regards to the arrangements, cost to purchase, etc. IF, heaven forbid, anything happens to either of you, the family has a document describing your partnership in this purchase and arrangement. Just to keep it "legal". I assume the price was not inexpensive even with the sweet deal.

Have fun!!

sandy

Nilla 09-21-2013 03:04 PM

Oh my gosh! Is it the new Juki LA with the bright blue accents? That was on my short list of possible LA purchases this year. I ended up going with another brand because of dealer support, but the Juki would have been my first choice if I thought I could learn on my own. I'd love to hear what you think of it once you get it home and start working on it. Congratulations!

Podunk Princess 09-21-2013 06:24 PM

Terrific solution....congratulations on your new acquisition.

KwiltyKahy 09-21-2013 06:24 PM

Congrats, I'm sure you will have fun. I would heed the advice from Sandygirl, you never know.

Nammie to 7 09-21-2013 06:28 PM

Oh you lucky lady!! You will have such fun and learn so much.