Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OMNI THREAD (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/omni-thread-t143232.html)

suebee 08-06-2011 08:35 PM

Has anyone tried the Omni thread from Superior (for quilting)? I just bought some but curious if anyone else has used it yet and how you like it.?? Its suppose to have very little to no lint?? I havent used mine yet but will tomorrow.

ckcowl 08-07-2011 02:33 AM

superior is a good thread company- with very nice threads for quilting- i don't think you will be disappointed

soccertxi 08-07-2011 06:26 AM

I bought a spool and am using it now. It is a nice thread that is comparable to Permacore. I think the Omni has a bit more sheen to it. I had not planned on trying it just yet, but it came in the color I needed! I'm quilting with it and using it in the top and bobbin.

hi Sue!

suebee 08-07-2011 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
I bought a spool and am using it now. It is a nice thread that is comparable to Permacore. I think the Omni has a bit more sheen to it. I had not planned on trying it just yet, but it came in the color I needed! I'm quilting with it and using it in the top and bobbin.

hi Sue!

Hi there - thanks for the feedback. How have you been?

soccertxi 08-07-2011 12:07 PM

I'm good...but I'm tired of being HOT! Think I can order a few cooler days??? HA!

suebee 08-07-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by soccertxi
I'm good...but I'm tired of being HOT! Think I can order a few cooler days??? HA!

I wish you could order cooler weather as well:) the older I get the less tolerable I am of the heat. Stay cool and happy quilting.

suebee 08-08-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SuperiorThreads
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our OMNI thread. It is 30% strong and much cleaner than other like threads on the market. It has been well received by not only longarm quilters but also people who have used it in their sergers. It is available in 172 colors...problem???? How to choose??

Ricci
Superior Threads

So, Im curious what 30% strong means? I am having some breakage issues, but have since got email from Bob advising me to use looser tension and size 16-18 needle. I will try that tonight. I would just like to say I am so impressed by all of your customer service you all provide. THANK YOU

suebee 08-08-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by suebee

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our OMNI thread. It is 30% strong and much cleaner than other like threads on the market. It has been well received by not only longarm quilters but also people who have used it in their sergers. It is available in 172 colors...problem???? How to choose??

Ricci
Superior Threads

So, Im curious what 30% strong means? I am having some breakage issues, but have since got email from Bob advising me to use looser tension and size 16-18 needle. I will try that tonight. I would just like to say I am so impressed by all of your customer service you all provide. THANK YOU

Suebee,

Here is a video where we run OMNI on an HQ longarm. It's a quick 2 minute highlight video which will answer needle questions.
http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...y/omni/videos/

thank you very much :)

suebee 08-08-2011 07:14 PM

Ricci
Superior Threads

Suebee,

Here is a video where we run OMNI on an HQ longarm. It's a quick 2 minute highlight video which will answer needle questions.
http://www.superiorthreads.com/shop/...y/omni/videos/

thank you very much :)

***UPDATE*** I went and bought size 14 and 16 needles (Superior Titanium) my lqs does not have the 18's as specified in your video. In fact they told me you dont have an 18. Anyway, my stitching is worse now than before, thread not breaking (as much) but the stitch looks horrible and I see my top thread on the bottom (using two different colors), Im totally frustrated,dont know what else to do. I set my tension to 4, 3, 2 :( any other thoughts??? Thank you.

gdcleanfun 10-02-2011 06:01 PM

<--- loves, loves, loves the Omni threads! The Quilted Rose offered a ton of Omni's color choices at this year's Long Beach Quilt Show and I bought enough to last me a few months at least if not more. I use it on both the top and in the bobbin and it took me just a little bit of time to adjust the tension for little or no breaks. I've used it on more than a dozen quilts and it works just fine on my Nolting 24". I started out using a #18 needle without knowing that's what was called for, guess I'll keep doing so. Thanks, Superior, for offering this great thread! :)