Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OnLine Quilting Classes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/online-quilting-classes-t194020.html)

elseebee 07-09-2012 08:06 AM

I really love all the Craftsy classes I'm taking! I live in a rural area in the mountains and just learned to quilt a couple of years ago. It's too far to drive to any quilt shops for classes and my best quilting friend who started me in quilting moved away. So I'm pretty much self-taught. The classes have been good for me because I'm learning a lot and I'm seeing my quilting skills and confidence levels going up! Like others, I get them when they're on sale.

Rumbols 07-09-2012 08:19 AM

I have purchased several classes and really like them. I am learning a lot as I am self taught and can't get around a lot to LSQ for classes. Also, I work full time during the day and most evenings. Taking a Craftsy class at 2 am works just great for me. I am doing the BOM class which is free. I recommend you try it first. Have fun.

ploverwi2 07-09-2012 08:20 AM

I absolutely love Craftsy! The classes I have are wonderful, and they are mine forever to use over and over. I always buy when they are on sale. They refund your money, if you are not pleased with a class. The pictoral quilting classes are my favorite ones. It is a wonderful site and so worth the cost of any of the classes. Once you become a member, they will send you e-mails, whenever classes are at a special discounted price. You will not be sorry, if you try their classes. Just don't pay the high regular prices. Write and aske them how you can get a special discount on a class.

Originally Posted by Jazzmyn (Post 5349312)
Hello,

I am wondering about online quilting classes......Pro's & Cons? Are you familiar with Craftsy.com ?

I am sure there are a lot of others online, prices?

Thank You for your help.

Roseanna (Jazzmyn) :)

Jazzmyn 07-09-2012 10:24 AM

Thanks for all your help. I am fairly new to quilting and need all the help I can get, I can't always make it to classes and I don't do to good at classes anyway. I learn more doing things at my own pace.

I think I will give Craftsy a try and go from there.

Thanks again, Roseanna (Jazzmyn)

DonnaC 07-09-2012 10:41 AM

I've enrolled in several classes through Craftsy and loved all of them! As someone mentioned above, I had also purchased another class (not quilting-related) and then realized it was not for me... they switched my enrollment to a different class when I requested that, no problem at all, and no questions asked. Plus, I still have access to the class that I didn't like! Just in case I ever decide to take up weaving... and add another type of craft to my repertoire...LOL.

Cybrarian 07-09-2012 02:36 PM

Love love love my Craftsy classes. The Strip Paper Piecing class is Awesome, as is Jelly Roll Magic and the free BOM class. Bought mine on sale. So worth it!

Ga Gigi 07-09-2012 05:13 PM

I love the Crafty classes. There is a couple that are fee why not try those and see what you think. I am doing the one that gives you two blocks each month. I have learned so much!