Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OPENING A NEW LQS, NEED COLOR HELP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opening-new-lqs-need-color-help-t49914.html)

fivepaws 06-18-2010 01:13 PM

I look for Oriental fabric first, then anything aqua. I love white on white for backgrounds. Good luck to you. Sounds like a lot of work but fun and rewarding.

Linda2010 06-18-2010 02:24 PM

I want to make a Aqua and brown quilt.I am really having a hard time finding aqua.

Luv Quilts and Cats 06-18-2010 02:55 PM

I like floras, batiks, reproduction 20's and 30's, most colors, I don't like the retro 60's adn 70's fabrics. I like when fabric that are meant to be together are grouped together. It makes it easier to find what I need.

jolo 06-18-2010 03:06 PM

I do scenic quilts.so I look for fabrics that I can turn into tree trunksand limbs,grasses,sky,mountain. etc. I dont care,well I do,but ,color is not my main object if you get my drift. lol I do a lot of old barns and so I look for lumber looking grains in the colors. Jo

Ellen 1 06-18-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by merridancer
I am about to begin inventory purchases for my new store and I need to know what is your favorite color for quilting, least favorite color, and what is the hardest thing for you to find other than a long arm machine.

Thanks for you help !!! :D

Cotton cone thread for the longarm. I like Presencia, but very difficult to find if you don't have wholesale license.

quiltaholic 06-18-2010 03:11 PM

I am about to begin inventory purchases for my new store and I need to know what is your favorite color for quilting, least favorite color, and what is the hardest thing for you to find other than a long arm machine.

I like blues and greens, My least favorite is burgandy

purplefiend 06-18-2010 03:17 PM

I love all the jewel tones:blue,purple(#1),green,gold,
etc.. tone on tones and florals! I'm a sucker for florals.
Sharon W.

mtnma 06-18-2010 03:17 PM

The hardest to find is pastels. I make a lot of "softer" quilts and pastels are rare. When I do find them, I buy more than enough for my stash.

Quilting Nana 06-18-2010 03:42 PM

I have a very hard time finding very light batik background fabric.

Alondra 06-18-2010 03:43 PM

I can't think of a color I don't like - we need them all. It really depends on the individual quilt and the mood the quilter is striving to create. If I had to choose something I think is not so pretty, it would be 'muddy' colors. Other than that, I have a definite preference for shops that concentrate on quilts - not other arts and crafts. But that's just my opinion. :)