Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Operation Kid Comfort (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/operation-kid-comfort-t140994.html)

LisaGibbs 07-30-2011 04:35 AM

Former Navy wife with 10 years of deployments. I signed up to do some.

debp33 08-24-2011 06:36 PM

I got an e-mail today saying my materials are on the way. Can't wait to get started!

crochetetc 08-24-2011 06:45 PM

My pictures arrived yesterday, cannot wait to get started.

Faren 08-24-2011 06:48 PM

I received my pictures Monday. Such wonderful pictures, and the quilt is going together fast!

benndm 08-24-2011 10:45 PM

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a great program.

BrendaK 08-24-2011 11:14 PM

I also signed up. Do they tell you what pattern, what kind of quilting they want done? Can you tie the quilt? Do they want a certain kind of batting? Do you just sew the blocks together? Thanks for any information. Hopefully they don't have to be fancy. I am not good at fancy. Thanks for the infomation. We all need to do what we can. BrendaK

Faren 08-25-2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaK
I also signed up. Do they tell you what pattern, what kind of quilting they want done? Can you tie the quilt? Do they want a certain kind of batting? Do you just sew the blocks together? Thanks for any information. Hopefully they don't have to be fancy. I am not good at fancy. Thanks for the infomation. We all need to do what we can. BrendaK

They do give you a pattern, but you can use a different one. The only mention of quilting I remember is not to quilt over the pictures. I would ask before you tie it, it certainly doesn't need anything fancy, SITD would be fine. They give directions for using fleece instead batting and backing, though you can use them too. It is a pretty easy quilt.

BrendaK 08-25-2011 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Faren

They do give you a pattern, but you can use a different one. The only mention of quilting I remember is not to quilt over the pictures. I would ask before you tie it, it certainly doesn't need anything fancy, SITD would be fine. They give directions for using fleece instead batting and backing, though you can use them too. It is a pretty easy quilt.

:thumbup: Thanks Faren. I did receive some information from them. My only problem now is how I am going to get copies of the pictures onto the fabric. I'll deal with that but I do thank you for your reply. BrendaK

TonnieLoree 08-25-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy

Yes, this one does work. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Faren 08-25-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Faren

:thumbup: Thanks Faren. I did receive some information from them. My only problem now is how I am going to get copies of the pictures onto the fabric. I'll deal with that but I do thank you for your reply. BrendaK

Oh, no, you don't have to worry about that! They send you the pictures already printed on the fabric! You just peel the backing paper off (go slow!), then cut them to 8"X8". The pictures I got if they weren't 8X8 (which no picture is square) they printed a green border around the picture to make it 8X8. They pretty much figure everything out for you.