Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Operator Error (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/operator-error-t246968.html)

auntieleela 05-17-2014 04:17 PM

Operator Error

Hi, I'm new here. I have been machine quilting for about 8 years.

I got a new machine (Juki F600) with the auto thread cutter. I do not raise the bobbin thread (supposedly not required), and it creates a snarl at the very beginning of the seam every time. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? I have rethreaded, reset the bobbin, and changed the thread spool.

Thanks for ANY ideas! I was really looking forward to using this machine!

DogHouseMom 05-17-2014 04:27 PM

Raising the bobbin thread isn't *required* on my machine either, but it is recommended to avoid birds nests.

Go ahead and raise that bobbin thread, bring it through and hold on for the first 2 stitches.

barny 05-17-2014 04:30 PM

I always pull my bobbin thread "up and away".

Terri D. 05-17-2014 04:37 PM

Agree with DogHouseMom. Bring the bobbin thread to the top. I hate to hear when customers are misled by a sewing machine dealer or manufacturer. So sorry you had troubles...

QuiltnNan 05-17-2014 04:44 PM

i had a juki, too. i'd keep tweezers by the machine to pull that bobbin thread up. it just gets to be a habit. welcome to the board.

Feathers-N-Fur 05-17-2014 11:49 PM

I've had my Juki F600 for about a year and a half and I still love it. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

ManiacQuilter2 05-18-2014 05:01 AM

I am not sure if this will help or not since I have a Bernina. I use little leftover scraps at the start of stitching and then when I am at the end of my stitching. I think they are called "enders". After they have too much stitching, I throw them into a bag with all my little cut pieces of fabric for a friend who uses it to stuff dog pillows for the local shelters.

athomenow 05-18-2014 08:29 AM

I have a machine that has a fix button so it takes a few stitches in place and then goes on to sew. Same at the other end with a stop or a cut feature that ties off the thread and then cuts it. I don't know anything about your machine but my previous one didn't have those features and I just sewed a few stitches in place. Worked fine for me. I have pulled the threads to the top when quilting but this is so much easier.

M.Elizabeth 05-18-2014 02:52 PM

I don't have a Juki, but wanted to welcome you to the board.

kiffie2413 05-18-2014 03:29 PM

Hi and welcome to QB!
I have a few different machines including a Juki HZL-400, and I have the same issue as you on all of them if I don't pull up the bobbin thread and or use a lil scrap of fabric at the beginning of sewing.
My Juki is fairly new, but so far I love how it sews! Honestly except for the 11" bed on my Janome Horizon 7700, I actually prefer my Juki. I just got a Bernina, and am excited to see how it sews.
Your title of "Operator Error" had me chuckling, as I've had that issue a few times :o
Kif