Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions on Baby Lock machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-baby-lock-machines-t244483.html)

Annie Pearl 04-04-2014 05:27 AM

Opinions on Baby Lock machines

I am going to be in the market for a new machine soon. I would like to hear what you can tell me about Baby Lock machines. I have a budget of $600-$1000. I want computerized but without embroidery. I am just in the research phase but trust the opinions of everyone on this board. I will have a trade in, its a 10 yr old Viking Interlude. Thanks for your help!

Skratchie 04-04-2014 05:33 AM

I don't have an opinion on the Baby Lock machines at that price point, but if that Viking is one that was made in Sweden, I wouldn't trade it in; I'd hold on to it myself. You likely wouldn't get much for it, and it's a nice machine.

Rose Marie 04-04-2014 06:58 AM

I have a Baby Lock Jane. It is primitive. Complicated threading. Under machine bobbin.
My Viking Sapphire is a dream machine. Love it.
Have a couple of cheap Brothers that I like a lot. Easy threading and drop in bobbins are a must have for me.

Dolphyngyrl 04-04-2014 07:32 AM

I think if you buy the brother made ones you will be very happy, I have been very happy with my brothers and brother-made babylocks. I would look at the Melody,Tempo or Elizabeth, those are both very nice babylocks machines that get good reviews. I think the Rachel is also very popular. These machines are all made by brother

maminstl 04-04-2014 07:53 AM

I have a few Babylock machines, but higher end models. I did sew on the Melody at a class and was very impressed with it. I have a lot of confidence in their machines and their support.

cmilton 04-04-2014 11:22 AM

I have had the Baby Lock Grace that I took to quilting classes. No problems. Great machine. I also have the Audrey. Good machine for class. Both in your price range.

Baby lock does not make Brother machines.

JustAbitCrazy 04-04-2014 02:01 PM

Mine is the Babylock Serenade, and I love it. It was just a little over $1000 when I bought it on sale from the dealer. You may want to consider looking for a machine at a major quilt show. You can try them all out there. The dealers usually offer great savings on the machines they bring to the show, especially on the last day of the show.

judylg 04-04-2014 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by cmilton (Post 6660005)
I have had the Baby Lock Grace that I took to quilting classes. No problems. Great machine. I also have the Audrey. Good machine for class. Both in your price range.

Baby lock does not make Brother machines.

You are correct, babylock does not make brother machines, brother makes babylock.

patsynel 04-04-2014 05:25 PM

I have a Babylock Quest Plus, not real pleased with it. Have problems with the tension.

bonniemanley 04-04-2014 05:44 PM

I have a Baby Lock espire (might be misspelled) and I love it. I bought it off this site and gave $600.00 for it. It's the most expensive machine I have, others are Singer 99K, featherweight, Dressmaker. I hardly ever use the others tho.