Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions on the Bernina 765 SE (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-bernina-765-se-t284205.html)

stormwater 12-03-2016 07:18 PM

Opinions on the Bernina 765 SE

I've given up trying to get my 25-year old Bernina 150 Virtuosa back from my daughter. She's having so much fun making clothes (including her wedding gown) that I don't have the heart to call it mine any more. In looking for a replacement machine, I'm starting my search with Bernina as I never had a problem with the 150, and wondered if anyone here has bought/used (or known of someone who bought) the new Bernina 765 SE.

I'd probably get it with the embroidery option as I have a sit-down Tiara II for quilting my tops and I know my daughter would increase her visits home to learn/use the embroidery set up.

I'd love to hear any pros or cons

Thanks!

cathyre 12-04-2016 12:27 AM

I am about to get a Bernina 790 (with embroidery) it comes on Wednesday , cant wait I must admit I wouldn't look at anything but Bernina they are so reliable , and the support we have here is wonderful .

Solomae 12-04-2016 07:19 AM

Hi - I got the 765 about a month ago. I absolutely love it. I am new to Bernina, but not new to high end sewing machines. I love the feel of it and the features are wonderful. I have no complaints. I wasn't interested in embroidery, so I got the 330, which I upgraded to a 350, which I also love!

If you will be using it for piecing, I highly recommend the new piecing foot #97. It is offset so you can get that 1/4" seam and the fabric will still ride over the feed dogs.

Oh yes, the dual feed is wonderful as well! I previously had a Pfaff Performance 5.0 which I sold to get the Bernina. I see no difference between the two dual feeds, they both work well.

I am happy to answer any specific questions you have, just ask!

Solomae

JeriMae 12-04-2016 08:16 AM

I am considering buying a Pfaff Performance 5.0 or 5.2. Why did you get rid of your 5.0 for a Bernina?

JeriMae 12-04-2016 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Solomae (Post 7711912)
Hi - I got the 765 about a month ago. I absolutely love it. I am new to Bernina, but not new to high end sewing machines. I love the feel of it and the features are wonderful. I have no complaints. I wasn't interested in embroidery, so I got the 330, which I upgraded to a 350, which I also love!

If you will be using it for piecing, I highly recommend the new piecing foot #97. It is offset so you can get that 1/4" seam and the fabric will still ride over the feed dogs.

Oh yes, the dual feed is wonderful as well! I previously had a Pfaff Performance 5.0 which I sold to get the Bernina. I see no difference between the two dual feeds, they both work well.

I am happy to answer any specific questions you have, just ask!

Solomae

I am considering buying a Pfaff Performance 5.0 or 5.2. Why did you trade yours in?

Solomae 12-04-2016 11:11 AM

Hi JeriMae,

The Performance 5.0 is a great machine, I just never bonded with it. I didn't have any complaints about the Performance 5.0, I just really wanted to switch to a Bernina, when the promotion for the 765 came up, I was happy to make the switch.

Solomae

cashs_mom 12-04-2016 04:43 PM

My friend just bought the 770QE and loves it. I've had Berninas for about 25 years now a love them. I've had a 1630 and Artista 180 and a serger that I can never remember the model # of.

stormwater 12-05-2016 07:22 AM

Thanks for the replies.