Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions needed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-needed-t16752.html)

eparys 02-20-2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
What I like doing is considering the use of the quilt...if it's going on a wall and will only be washed infrequently, I quilt very little. If it's going on a bed and will be washed more frequently, then I quilt more. Look at it hanging on a wall, lying on a bed, consider your batting, the user, the use of the quilt, and then make your decision.

Thanks for all the kind comments - I cannot take credit for the fabric combination - it was a kit from Keepsake - the plaid drove be batty!! If I had bought the fabric myself I would have bought more of each and "matched" the plaid in each square.

My plan was to use this as wall hanging and I have Warm and Natural as batting. I am concerned that since the Hubby talked me into making it the size it was supposed to be :roll: (I was going to make it a 3x3 square) more quilting in the center of the stars may be better to help stabilize the quilt.

You all have done far more quilting than I and I am happy for any direction. I think I will add small diagonals connecting the base of the points inside the centers.

Thanks for all you suggestions.

Skeat 02-20-2009 03:55 PM

Great quilt!! I'd ask you what you want to do? However you decide, it will look fabo! Skeat

patricej 02-20-2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by eparys
If I had bought the fabric myself I would have bought more of each and "matched" the plaid in each square.

in that case, i'm very glad you bought a kit. matching plaids in clothing is a big enough pain. you'd have driven yourself up the wall doing it in star blocks. :lol:

that must be why the plaids i have always end up waaaaaaay at the bottom and back of my stash drawers.

don't feel sorry for them, though. they have the striped stuff to keep them company on those long, cold, winter nights. :lol:

eparys 02-20-2009 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ

If I had bought the fabric myself I would have bought more of each and "matched" the plaid in each square.

in that case, i'm very glad you bought a kit. matching plaids in clothing is a big enough pain. you'd have driven yourself up the wall doing it in star blocks. :lol:

that must be why the plaids i have always end up waaaaaaay at the bottom and back of my stash drawers.

don't feel sorry for them, though. they have the striped stuff to keep them company on those long, cold, winter nights. :lol:

LOL - my daughter was in hysterics when she saw that I had bought something plaid - she knows what I do with clothing :lol:

Prism99 02-20-2009 05:22 PM

My plan was to use this as wall hanging and I have Warm and Natural as batting.

Warm and Natural is a needlepunched batting with scrim -- very stable and does not need close quilting. I think it can take quilting lines up to 6 inches apart; check the batting insert.

In any case, a wallhanging does not need to be quilted as closely as a bed cover.

p.s. I love your quilt!

sewjoyce 02-20-2009 06:52 PM

Your quilt is gorgeous!!

Mousie 02-20-2009 06:57 PM

great quilt and that's good info prism99 :)

gcathie 02-21-2009 04:05 AM

very nice and sounds like you have it under control....your quilt is very pretty!...:-)

Quilt4u 02-21-2009 04:43 AM

Very nice.

pocoellie 02-21-2009 06:42 AM

No advice, but you've done a great job so far, so I'm sure the quilting will be also.