Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Opinions on next step PLEASE... Rushing this one. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-next-step-please-rushing-one-t146763.html)

reeskylr 08-22-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by M.I.Late
I am working on this baby quilt for my sons friend. She is a graduate from LSU and is a huge Tigers fan. She and her husband are expecting their first child "Elle" in about four weeks. Her last day at work however, is two weeks.

I made the center panel and intended to surround it with pinwheels. I had planned to have plain white strips to highlight the quilting between the center and the pinwheels, but the pinwheels fit so perfectly here, I went ahead and attached them. Here's where the problem starts...

I attached them to the top and bottom. Love the way that looks and took it from square to rectangular which I wanted to accomplish somewhere as I progressed. But, I don't like it with the pinwheels down the side - it's now looking way to busy to me and it would return it to square.

I think I'd like to do something different now around the whole thing, then add the remaining pinwheels in a more staggered way. I think some purple/gold floral in there somewhere might even be nice. I can also add some embroidery in there somewhere. My question is this:

What would you do next?????

Love the tiger in the basket. I vote pinwheels on the side.

Roberta 08-22-2011 11:54 AM

I vote for pinwheels on the sides.

lollygagging 08-22-2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts
I think once you get the pinwheels on the other side also, it will look more balanced and fabulous!

I like it best with the pinwheels going down the side but I gotta say, I really like the way it looks with just the 3 sides done!

I too like the panel being off-set by three sides of pinwheels. It makes it unique. I love the panel. Thanks for sharing.
:thumbup:

debbieoh 08-22-2011 12:26 PM

I like the pinwheels top and bottom and than maybe bind it in the blue.

ButtermilkMama 08-22-2011 12:27 PM

I would like the pinwheels all around and then a border, either a small and then a larger one or whatever looks good.

Tweety2911 08-22-2011 12:29 PM

Love your center panel and the pinwheels top and bottom. White sides with pinwheels quilted in the space would be less busy or as suggested by Redmadder using multiple borders.

meanmom 08-22-2011 01:26 PM

I love the pinwheels all the way around. If you think that is too much you could either put a plain square every other square or embroider a pinwheel or a tiger paw on every other square

babeyruth 08-22-2011 01:54 PM

I think it looks great, babies love to look at geometrics. I say either put the pinwheels all the way around, or maybe have some triangles on the side to help balance.

quiltingcousin 08-22-2011 01:56 PM

I like the pinwheels on all sides too. Per other posts....you could consider another small plain border before adding the pinwheels. It's going to be cute.....so cute. Keep going!

cherrio 08-22-2011 02:23 PM

yes to pinwheels all round. looks great. AND PLZ TELL . . .WHERE DID YOU FIND THE CENTER? ADORABLE!