Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   OPINIONS PLEASE RE: Stars; Herons etc. etc. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/opinions-please-re-stars%3B-herons-etc-etc-t244829.html)

antylu 04-08-2014 06:33 PM

OPINIONS PLEASE RE: Stars; Herons etc. etc.

2 Attachment(s)
I am going to post 2 pics of different angles of same fabrics that I had picked out for my quilt; the one thing that is bothering me a bit is that the green triangle is the fabric that bled a lot; I finally got retayne and now it is what it is; not quite as rich as in the beginning. Remember there will be herons on the "water blue" and field of flowers and also a multi colored mariners star on the field of flowers (of course this will all be bigger) my question is in regards to the green, do you think it is still o.k.?? Thanks so very much! [ATTACH=CONFIG]470779[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]470780[/ATTACH]

SheriR 04-08-2014 07:34 PM

In my picture it looks wonderful! I'd use it. I haven't seen what you're making but I just drove through Central Texas and the blue bonnets are BEAUTIFUL. As are your fabrics!!

QuiltingVagabond 04-09-2014 02:54 AM

I want to see your herons! I love herons, we have a heron ornament hanging from our rear view mirror - I always say that when I see one it is a good omen...

PaperPrincess 04-09-2014 04:33 AM

I think it looks great. You are probably hesitating because you remember what it looked like before the excess dye was removed. No one else has any idea the fabric looked any different than it does now!

JustAbitCrazy 04-09-2014 05:35 AM

It looks fine to me. It has the same value as the dark blue and red.

Nanny's dollface 04-09-2014 05:46 AM

I like the green but not too sure about the red. If you want a pop of color, have you considered a yellow that coordinates with the yellow in the printed fabric?

PenniF 04-09-2014 06:01 AM

LOVE your color scheme....and what appears to be Texas Bluebonnets fabric !!!! Can't wait to see what's next.

applique 04-10-2014 03:35 AM

[QUOTE=antylu;6666525]I am going to post 2 pics of different angles of same fabrics that I had picked out for my quilt; the one thing that is bothering me a bit is that the green triangle is the fabric that bled a lot; I finally got retayne and now it is what it is; not quite as rich as in the beginning. Remember there will be herons on the "water blue" and field of flowers and also a multi colored mariners star on the field of flowers (of course this will all be bigger) my question is in regards to the green, do you think it is still o.k.?? Thanks so very much!

Have you seen Toni Whitney's new heron pattern?

earthwalker 04-10-2014 03:40 AM

I think it's a lovely palette. Look forward to seeing it done.

charlottequilts 04-10-2014 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 6667127)
I like the green but not too sure about the red. If you want a pop of color, have you considered a yellow that coordinates with the yellow in the printed fabric?

Or a yellow-green.

Hugs,
Charlotte