Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Organ machine needles? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/organ-machine-needles-t207769.html)

Wintersewer 12-08-2012 07:29 PM

I use them all the time. You can get them on ebay or www.discountembroiderysupply.com They are about $12 per 100, last time I bought, and the shipping is free. I like their large eye needles for quilting.

larry 12-08-2012 10:00 PM

you can buy them from diamond needle corp

Julielhs 12-08-2012 10:13 PM

I like the organ needles too

JeanieG 12-08-2012 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5701771)
I use the Organ Titanium topstitch coated needles. They stay sharp for months and the topstitch has less thread breaking.

Me too BellaBoo - I get mine from Superior Thread. That is the needle he recommends for piecing and quilting. And I agree, they last for months!!!

JeanieG 12-08-2012 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by KenZ (Post 5706214)
This is the sight I use and get good prices and fast service. I use Organ HLX5 on my short arm quilter and they have worked very well. Can someone give me the Organ titanium top stitch needle number?

Superior Thread recommends 80/12 for piecing and 90/14 for quilting. Go to superiorthread.com for a lot of information on their needles.

thepolyparrot 12-09-2012 06:48 AM

I use Organ about 99.9% of the time - I can't remember ever having any trouble with them.

Recently, I bought some Orange brand and whaddaya know - they're just as good!

The only problem with the "generic" type brands is that they're not going to have the specialty needles like Schmetz has - wing needles, twins of different widths, topstitch, etc.

But since I've got "old gal" machines, I pretty much use sharps for everything anyway. :)

Toni C 12-09-2012 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5702043)
There is a yahoo group that buys in bulk and the group orders when there is enough orders to fill from the members. I am a member and no problems at all in my orders. It's called Needlecoop.

I to have ordered needles from this group and have always been happy with what I got. That being said I ordered some needles for my Nolting but have not used them yet.But for sewing machine/embroidery machines they work great at a great price!

BellaBoo 12-09-2012 09:32 AM

I have several brands of needles. I measured them side by side and the Singer needles are a smidge bit longer then the Organ, Schmetz, Bissell, and Kalsse. It's important to use Singer needles, especially with the older model Singers. The extra smidge makes a better stitch and less bobbin issues. I have a Quantum Singer and the threader won't work unless I use Singer needles.

glenda5253 12-09-2012 10:51 AM

Well I thought I was an informed sewer but have never heard of the Organ brand before. Do not remember seeing them anywhere here in NE Kansas but maybe it's because I didn't know to look for them.

gmcsewer 12-10-2012 01:25 PM

I just bought a new Brothers SE400 and they suggested the Organ needles. Seems the Singer needles are just a tad too long and will pieirce the bobbin case if you use them. They said Schmetz were okay.