Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Organ needle recs for Brother CS6000? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/organ-needle-recs-brother-cs6000-t51254.html)

ToucanSam 06-25-2010 03:18 AM

I bought my machine in late December and there were a couple of packs of Organ needles included. I naively assumed that they were not good needles and have since lost track of them, if I didn't throw them away! I've since found out that they are actually good needles and would like to get more for my machine.

Any CS6000 owners out there know the weird numbers that are the ones I need? Just looking for piecing needles for cotton.

Thanks in advance!!

Sam

renee765 06-25-2010 04:07 AM

I also have a CS6000, so went to check on the pak of needles that came with it. I don't see anything that says "organ" on the pak, but here's the printing, just in case it helps.

EINFACHE NADEL...3STK

Hope that makes sense to you - sure doesn't to me.

Wait a minute - I just opened the pak to make sure it was a regular machine needle and the foil wrap around the needle does say Organ. And it is a regular machine needle, not the double needle.

no1jan 06-25-2010 07:47 AM

I have a lower end Janome and my dealer sold me the Organ needles for it when I bought the machine. She also told me you can use Schmetz.

What I was surprised about is when I called Singer regarding my vintage Singer Model 66. I was told you can use most any needle except Schmetz as they were "longer".

sharon b 06-25-2010 08:36 AM

Will watch this as I have this machine :thumbup: I usually just buy what ever is on sale :oops:

littlehud 06-25-2010 08:59 AM

I buy organ needles on line and can get 100 for less than $20.00

Pam 06-25-2010 09:03 AM

I always use ORgan needles in all of my machines, My usual size is 9. The eye is tiny, but so are the holes, they just disappear.

BellaBoo 06-25-2010 09:12 AM

All vintage Singers take a tad shorter needle then Schmetz. I quit using Schmetz needles. It seems I always have stitching problems with them that stops when I change to an Organ or Singer needle. I really like the titanium coated ones. Superior sells Organ needles and there are many online places to buy in bulk. FYI: Singer makes two different quality of needles. The ones you find in most discount stores are the low quality. The higher quality Singer needles are usually sold at dealers. Know the difference if you are buying Singer needles to be sure you get what you pay for.

butterflywing 06-25-2010 09:25 AM

i buy organ needles through the newark thread supply company catalog. you can also get them through the atlanta thread supply catalogue.(i think). i have used them forever and they are numbered exactly the same as any other sewing machine needle. i think they're very good needles and a whole lot less pricey than schmetz, which i don't buy anymore.

NOTE: i buy in 100's of the sizes i most often use.