Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Organ needles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/organ-needles-t258110.html)

miriam 12-13-2014 03:26 AM

My sister bought 100 of them n line and every single one of them was horrible.
holes out of round
groove not straight
some had burrs in the eye
some just broke or shredded thread for no reason
she bought them cheap and did not check them until later so was not able to get a refund
If you buy 100 needles I would be looking at closely at one of the packages to see if there are any defects and test sew with some of them
THAT said... we have both gotten them at other times and the needles were just fine - every last one of them.

mic-pa 12-13-2014 04:54 AM

I use organ needles in all my Janome machines and not problem. They work well

Suz 12-13-2014 07:01 AM

Buy some. You will not be disappointed.

shasta5718 12-13-2014 07:59 AM

Have been using them for a couple of years and I can't see the difference from any other needle unless it is a ballpoint or a special one.

fangman 12-13-2014 08:27 AM

They work great on all my machines.

gvolle44 12-13-2014 09:56 AM

organ needles

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 7005084)
I use them exclusively.

Me too! They are usually less expensive, well made and recommended by my tech mechanix - came with my machine.

Tink's Mom 12-13-2014 12:18 PM

I use Organ needles all the time in my Juki. Also in my vintage machines. I have used it in my embroidery machine with no problem...but I am using up some of my Schmetz on the embroidery maching.

DogHouseMom 12-13-2014 01:07 PM

I can't believe how long my Organ Titanium needles last!!

HouseDragon 12-13-2014 01:25 PM

I buy Superior Titanium Coated Needles: right there on the back it says:

Manufactured for Superior Threads by ORGAN NEEDLE Co. Ltd. Japan

A couple of days ago I needed to change to a different needle size. Couldn't find my stock of Superiors and put in a new (bought within the last year) Schmetz needle. Ladies, I wasn't doing anything weird, just sewing along, and the needle broke off just above the hole after about three minutes of sewing. Nothing flew anywhere: the lower bit still had the thread through the eye and the second piece was still attached to the machine. Before we left Austria I stocked up on Schmetz needles (still made in Germany) and never had a problem with those needles but all that's left are a couple of pkgs of Jeans needles.

After the needle broke, I went on the hunt and found my stock of Superior needles in the container with my Superior threads. That made sense. :o
Superior needles last and last.

I've learned my lesson! Superior needles are the only needles I'll be purchasing from now on!

Cari-in-Oly 12-13-2014 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7005534)
Japan has the best steel for sewing needles. All sewing industry knows this. Germany can't compete with Japan's quality when it comes to needles and pins.

This made me lol. Do you know where Japan gets its steel ? From the United States. Raw lumber too.

Cari