Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Organizing my room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/organizing-my-room-t225299.html)

Karenowc 07-06-2013 08:23 PM

Organizing my room

I've spent a whole week rearranging my house. I had a mid sized frame and machine and rented a studio. I decided to sell it and since our last one moved out (she bought her own condo) we are officially empty nesters.

I've moved 3 spare bedrooms full of furniture and still not done. I was really hoping to be done tonight so I could sew or scrapbook tomorrow. Oh well, there is always next weekend.

I can't believe how much "stuff" I still have after pitching stuff. LOL

Nammie to 7 07-06-2013 09:34 PM

I think "stuff" multiplies when we aren't looking! It's amazing how much time it takes to get things moved and organized. One project creates another. Won't you feel wonderful when it is all done!

DOTTYMO 07-06-2013 10:48 PM

Keep going the end will be beautiful.

omacookie 07-07-2013 12:29 AM

Keep paying the rent on the storage units a when you bring it home it is all called STUFF !!!!!!MORE STUFF!!!!!!. I know because we just emotied the last 2 units last week. Now to tackle it. Want to help ???? Hugs

liking quilting 07-07-2013 03:25 AM

When we moved from a tiny house in town to the country, 19 yrs. ago, I thought I'd never fill our large house. Ha, ha. If I had to move now, I'd be quite challenged to deal with it all. Keep telling myself I must get started tackling it a little at a time. How does this happen?

sandy l 07-07-2013 10:04 AM

"stuff" allways expands to meet the exsisting space:D Murphys' law.

mummyismean 07-08-2013 01:00 AM

I currently don't have a sewing room as it is being packed up for a move. We are empty nesters who are crazy enough to be up sizing instead of down sizing. Currently convinced that my stuff is breeding overnight lol.
Enjoy your new sewing area - it will be worth all the hard work.

cindi 07-08-2013 01:40 AM

Bravo to you, Karenowc! I, too, am going through a "clean-out" phase - and this will include my sewing room. I'm going one room, one closet, one drawer, and one cabinet at a time. Pulling everything out and thinking to myself "If I had to move tomorrow, would I want to pack (and unpack and find a place for) this?" If the answer is no, it's either being given away or donated. There's too much junk in this house we don't use!

Debbie C 07-08-2013 02:50 AM

I'm going through this as well. We're just putting the house up for sale to retire to another state and we have way too much 'stuff' - how does this happen? Where does it all come from? And how do I get my girls to come get the rest of their 'stuff'? (maybe I should start charging them storage fees! lol)

meanmom 07-08-2013 04:29 AM

We moved 14 years ago from an 1100 square foot house to a 3000 square foot house. I was sure I would never fill the new house. Ha the whole thing is full. Stuff breeds while you aren't looking and multiplies. I wish my batiks would multiply. We have 6 bedrooms with only my son still home. I keep trying to clean out stuff. My oldest DD is kinda between houses right now, trying to find a job here in town so she has stuff in her bedroom and the corner of my basement. Other DD is in college and has stuff everywhere.
Years ago my parents cleaned their house out of all of our stuff. They made piles of our stuff and invited us to dinner. Then they showed us our piles and said we either needed to take it or it was going to Goodwill or the trash. Great way to get rid of stuff.