Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our "new walmart" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-%22new-walmart%22-t123372.html)

sandy8w7388 05-16-2011 07:57 AM

Wish our Walmart would bring back their fabric dept. We lost it when they downsized & we only have 1 local fabric shop. I actually liked some of the Walmart fabris. They carried alot of different kind you can't get in quilt shops.

j-mae 05-16-2011 09:36 AM

Another sure bet to get the sticky off is using WD 40. I also use it to completely get rid of the liquid white out used for whiting out mistakes on paper. I accidentally spilled some white out in a large area of some favorite clothes and was told WD 40 worked. Even after it dried hard and was set in, I sprayed it on, used an old tooth brush, (at the time I should have used my ex husbands!) and scrubbed the WD 40 into the garment and it took all the white out away. I then rubbed in my Era laundry detergent and washed as usual. All gone, good as before the spill.

Marysewfun 05-16-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by beamer
Another sure bet to get the sticky off is using WD 40. I also use it to completely get rid of the liquid white out used for whiting out mistakes on paper. I accidentally spilled some white out in a large area of some favorite clothes and was told WD 40 worked. Even after it dried hard and was set in, I sprayed it on, used an old tooth brush, (at the time I should have used my ex husbands!) and scrubbed the WD 40 into the garment and it took all the white out away. I then rubbed in my Era laundry detergent and washed as usual. All gone, good as before the spill.

Before I retired, I worked with Dept of Transportation - and one of the first things the mechanics reached for (and my husband still does is WD-40 - it is miraculous what you can solve with that stuff !!

Marysewfun

jbud2 05-20-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by jbud2
our Walmart is remodeling and I can't find the fabric department. Cashiers keep telling it's back there, but I must be going in circles. The ladies said they aren't going to get rid of the fabric department because of Joann's coming next year. I didn't go to Walmart's for two weeks and I really didn't miss anything.

I found the fabric department. Fabric 3 shelves high - I can just see bolts hitting someone on the head!! No hand quilting thread. Clearance fabric mixed in with regular fabric. Whoever is in charge of the department is either not a sewer at all or doesn't have any say in what is in the department. There's a lot of fleece - in May!!!This department will never ever compete with any other fabric department!!

bakermom 05-20-2011 08:01 AM

Ours has just been remodeled. we have two aisles of bolts (two shelves high)and a wall of precuts. The clearance fabric is on a separate stand out front, As far as having fleece, most fabric stores carry it year-round. The stacks of flatfolds are gone. They have also expanded the yarn section.