Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our Guild's 20th Anniversary gift to members.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-guilds-20th-anniversary-gift-members-t322336.html)

copycat 01-27-2024 03:52 AM

Our Guild's 20th Anniversary gift to members..

:) At our Jan meeting we celebrated our Guild's 20th Anniversary with cake and ice cream!
Guild members were told to pick out 3 yards of fabric at the local quilting shop. We can use 3 yd. quilt patterns or any pattern of our choice. We can also add from our stash to make the quilt larger if desired. The Guild Treasury funds will treat each member to the 3 yards of fabric. Several years ago, a past member left her estate (quilted related items) to our guild and our treasury grew substantially. We will all receive an embroidered label to honor our anniversary and the member who made the treat of fabric possible. At our November meeting we are asked to bring our quilts to share. I have chosen to make a 3 yard quilt pattern. Please share if you have a favorite 3 yd pattern. I see a lot of free ones being offered online. Thank you!

thimblebug6000 01-27-2024 09:28 AM

Wow, that is great! How large is your guild approximately?

LAF2019 01-27-2024 12:35 PM

look up Fabric Cafe. They do a lot of 3 yard quilts.

b.zang 01-27-2024 01:02 PM

Having just joined a guild for the first time ever this year, this sounds like a great gift to members. I wonder how many of those quilts will be donated back. The guild I belong to seems to have quite a collection of quilts ready to donate.

copycat 01-28-2024 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 8633876)
Wow, that is great! How large is your guild approximately?

We have aprox 35 members to date.

copycat 01-28-2024 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by b.zang (Post 8633902)
Having just joined a guild for the first time ever this year, this sounds like a great gift to members. I wonder how many of those quilts will be donated back. The guild I belong to seems to have quite a collection of quilts ready to donate.

Our guild also makes donation quilts for veterans and twin size quilts for a Women's Shelter. Have fun as a first time guild member!

aashley333 01-28-2024 04:21 AM

I discovered a quilt guild last June that meets once a month. About 150 members-I never knew there were so many quilters in Corpus! Love it!
I don't know about 3 yard quilts. Did you select 3 yards of the same, or 3 - 1yard pieces?

paddingtonbear 01-28-2024 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think I’d try something like this.

copycat 01-29-2024 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 (Post 8633973)
I discovered a quilt guild last June that meets once a month. About 150 members-I never knew there were so many quilters in Corpus! Love it!
I don't know about 3 yard quilts. Did you select 3 yards of the same, or 3 - 1yard pieces?

Wow! You have a large guild! So many quilters gathering at once. Enjoy your guild.

For a 3 yard quilt pattern it is advised to select a focus fabric...print, and med/dark, and a light. Each fabric is a one yard cut. If using any other pattern of our choice, we can get the 3 yards of fabric cut any way we wish.

copycat 01-29-2024 03:05 AM

Lovely blue and white quilt

Originally Posted by paddingtonbear (Post 8633998)
I think I’d try something like this.

I love the quilt you have shown in your post. Blues and white fabrics are so lovely together. Do you know the pattern name?
Thanks for your input!