Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Our Pacific Fabrics is Going Out of Business in Puyallup, WA! Anyone elses? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/our-pacific-fabrics-going-out-business-puyallup-wa-anyone-elses-t108193.html)

grugirl 03-16-2011 04:10 PM

I couldn't believe it. I popped into Pacific Fabs today to see if I could find a few goodies and it was filled with women. I am like.. "What the heck?"
I couldn't get a cart cause none were available. I start perusing the shelves and see this bright orange sign that there is 20% off everything in the store. ... I move along a little further and see another one... We are closing... 20% off everything. I couldn't believe it. We have so few already and am in shock over this. I will have to drive lots farther for even a Quick stop and shop. So sad.. all of the women were very somber that have worked there for years.

luckylindy333 03-16-2011 04:12 PM

Oh, no, I hope it is not all of the PF's in Washington.

Quiltforme 03-16-2011 04:25 PM

we lost ours in issaquah a few years ago I have not checked the one in Bellevue yet. Too bad! I did hear them talking about it at the sewing expo though it wasn't the only store closing. so sad

Gramie bj 03-16-2011 05:38 PM

When will they close the door? To soon for me. I usually get over to that side of the mountain once a year for a shoping trip. Thats one place I like to stop at. Are they all closing or just yours. Where is the next closest?

grugirl 03-16-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj
When will they close the door? To soon for me. I usually get over to that side of the mountain once a year for a shoping trip. Thats one place I like to stop at. Are they all closing or just yours. Where is the next closest?

There are a few way up North from me.. Bellevue, Bremerton and Northgate. A few others I think. Where I live, it is getting mighty thin.
Jo-Anns hurts all other fabric businesses due to their coupons and weekly sales. Do I shop there? Only when absolutely necessary and for tools at 50% off. I don't care for their cottons at all but will buy some fleece there.

grugirl 03-16-2011 05:42 PM

They are suppose to close by JUNE. UGH

MadQuilter 03-16-2011 05:45 PM

Lost 2 LQS just before the end of the year. Still sad!

gzuslivz 03-16-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by grugirl

There are a few way up North from me.. Bellevue, Bremerton and Northgate. A few others I think. Where I live, it is getting mighty thin.
Jo-Anns hurts all other fabric businesses due to their coupons and weekly sales. Do I shop there? Only when absolutely necessary and for tools at 50% off. I don't care for their cottons at all but will buy some fleece there.

Isn't there one in Bellingham, too? I may have to make a trip down and see what I can stock up on. Sad news, indeed:-(

Stitchnripper 03-16-2011 05:47 PM

Oh dear! That is the one near my son and family - we go there sometimes when we visit, but also to the JoAnn Fabrics which for what we use it for works fine. But sorry to hear about Pacific.

dunster 03-16-2011 05:49 PM

I'm so sorry. I stopped by there several times when going to the Sewing and Stitchery Expo. It is a very nice store.